Chapter 61 - Cleveland

Connor fumbled with his house keys before letting himself into the apartment. When he got the door opened he was welcomed to the warm smell of dinner being cooked.
"Welcome home" Ava smiled coming over to wrap her arms around Connor while he took off his jacket. "Avey I told you I'd do dinner when I got home, you and our girl need to rest" he caressed her cheek.
"I know, I know. But I'm not nearly as tired as you make me out to be, I can still cook dinner" she told him. "I love you" he grinned kissing her nose.
"Papa" Sophia screamed, running up to him. Connor bend down to pick Sophia up in his arms, spinning her around. Ava went back to the dinner, watching the happy pair catch up on their days.

"Dinner" Ava confirmed, scooping the pasta into three separate bowels. Ava places them on the table in front of them. She wrapped an arm around Connors shoulder, kissing his temple.
"You tried?" She asked, rubbing his shoulder.
Connor nuzzled his head into Ava's side, "A bit, yeah, I'll tell you all about the surgery later" he kissed her hand as Ava pulled away.
"What did you do in school today Bubba?" Ava asked, joins them at the table.
"Mrs. Jackson brought in a real human, shellington" Sophia smiles, slurping up her pasta.
Ava crinkled her brows, trying to think of what Sophia meant.
"Skeleton" Connor told her, "a plastic one, so they can learn about all the bones in the body"
"Oh" Ava nodded her head, finally understanding.

One they were done eating Connor pulled Sophia onto his lap, "You know Sophia theirs a very special bone in your body called the funny bone. And it allows us to do this" Connor said, reaching under Sophias top to tickle her belly.
Sophia giggled, squirming on his lap as Connor blew a raspberry on her belly. Ava smiles to herself as she got up to collect the plates, seeing how content her family were. After all these years she didn't think she'd have this.

"It's bath time Sophia" Ava reminded her daughter, since Ava was getting more and more pregnant Connor had taken to bathing Sophia since he could still bend down.
"Sing song" Sophia threw her little arms in the air.
"Ah princess, that was meant to be our secret" Connor laughed nervously, picking Sophia up in his arms.
"Sophia what song was daddy singing to you?" Ava asked, intrigued and amused by this.
"Let it go!" Sophia cheered.
Ava laughed coming over to them as Connors face turned serval shades of red, "When was this and why was I not witnessed to it?" Ava laughed.
"It was the other week, I was giving Sophia a bath while you took a nap" Connor explained.
Ava nodded, "I can see you being a very compelling Elsa"
"Oh I know, totally. I think I'd make a great blonde as well" Connor told her confidently, taking some of Sophia's long blonde hair and draping it over his own.
"Definitely" Ava told him with a kiss. She turned to Sophia, placing a kiss on her forehead. "Okey you better get that concert started it's getting late Bubba" Ava ruffled Sophias hair and Connor brought her to go bathe.

Ava settled herself on the sofa, reading different medical journals and looking at house listing on her laptop. Every so often her would hear a cry of let it go echo from the bathroom and she'd smile to herself. Hearing the click of the bathroom door Ava turned to see Connor carrying Sophia out in a towel, his shirt completely soaked.
"Did you decide to have a bath with her?" Ava laughed.
"Someone was a bit to happy at the let it go concert"
"You go shower, I'll get Sophia ready for bed" Ava said, getting up from the sofa. Connor kissed Ava before returning to the bathroom while Ava brought Sophia to her room to get ready for bed. Ava got Sophia changed and tucked in.
"Goodnight bubba" Ava kissed her daughter's forehead.
"Goodnight Mumma" Sophia replied.
Ava turns to leave the room before Sophia called her back, "Mumma wait"
"What's wrong Bubba?"
"I want to say goodnight to baby sister" Sophia pouted.
Ava lay on the bed next to Sophia so she could reach her belly. Sophia placed both hands on Ava's bump and placed her cheek against it. Ava ran her hands through Sophia's hair, content in the moment. Sophia brought her lips to Ava bump and kissed it, "I love you sister"