Chapter 79- Jailhouse Rock

"Russel Rollins" Connor said I to the phone as soon and the tone picked up.
"What? Connor?" Hank said in confusion.
Connor was speeding to PD to try figure out who was involved.
"My brother in law, Carlota's awake, she says he's the one who attacked her in her house" Connor hastily pulled up outside the station.
"I'm coming in now" he hoped the gate running up the stairs.
Kevin already had the info on the board.
"Russel Rollins, 31, born and raised in Chicago, employed at Dolens and Rhodes" he read out.
"So we know Russel either broke into the house, or helped someone break in" Voight said.
"Connor can you think of a reason he'd want to hurt you're family?"
"No, no he's like a brother to me. I thought he knew that, he was meant to be in Alaska all this week, Claire mentioned it"
"Well it looks like he's a lot closer to home then we thought"
"Okey everyone I want a list of every apartment, warehouse and scrap block that this scumbag has ever owned" Voight commanded.

"Where did you say Mr. Wheelers warehouse was?" Connor finally turned to face Voight.
"Out by Schaumburg" Hank looked up, returning his gaze to his own map.
Connor ran his tongue along the inside of his cheek.
"Ava's step-brother, Jacob, mentioned that if I didn't stop looking into things he'd take Ava down to the docks"
"So you think there's a location, we should be looking at" Hank turned to his map of Chicago. "Somewhere costal"

"I think we need to go visit visit our jailbird, see him sing" Hank grabbed his keys, gesturing for Connor to come with him.

*

The gate in front of them buzzed and Jacob was walked in with a black eye. It was late in the night but Hank had pulled a few strings.
"Hands were we can see them inmate" the guard commanded, standing back against the wall.
"What do you two want, I ain't done nothing"
"We want to know where Ava Bekker is" Hank told him.
"I don't know, we ain't exactly penpals. Shouldn't he know" he gestured to Connor.
Voight looked to Connor and back to Jacob.
"Someone abducted her from her own bed" he said calmly.
"What! Is the baby okey" he said, panicked.
"She's missing her mother" Connor told him.
"The day you shot me, you mentioned a warehouse that you would meet in, we need to know where that warehouse is" Connor laid it out for him.

"What's in in it for me?" He relaxed back in his chair.
"We don't give you another black eye" Voight hissed.
"I want a mattress"
"You have a mattress" Voight argued.
"I want a special mattress, that they give to people with back issues"
"Jacob your already in your own cell, because there's a fear for your life with how many enemies you have on the inside. Do you really want to make more on the outside?"
"She's your sister" Connor pled with him.
"She chose what team she wanted" he stay at him.
"C'mon, we'll try one of the others, get a deal with them" Hank touched Connors arm.
"Maybe we'll give them ten minutes alone with you" the cop nodded to Jacob.

Jacobs eyes went wide before Connor and Hank stood up to leave.
"Wait, wait" Jacob sat up.
"Remain seated" the guard barked.
"I'll tell you, if you let me meet my nieces"
Hank and Connor looked between each other.
"Deal" Connor agreed, sitting back down.
"It was this old warehouse down by the docks, it was a whole block of them. The one that we met him in was all boarded up, but it had an old sign outside it, something magazine"
Hank gave him a look and Jacob kept talking,
"It was off the Chicago skyway, really far down on it though, and there was this big bridge"

Connor looked to Hank who nodded and they sat up.
"Hey, hey. When do I get to meet the girls?"
"You only get to see them if Ava comes back alive" Connor said coldly before leaving.

Connor and Hank drove back to the district, filling the team in on all the new information.
"There's no warehouse off the Chicago skyway" Kevin pulled up a map showing all the buildings.
Connor rubbed his chin, "I don't think he was lying"
"Never do I" Hank agreed.
"Maybe just stupid though" Hank breathed.
"Move the map down to Indiana", Kevin obliged and there it was.
"When he said there was a bridge he meant a toll bridge" Voight reviled

How did this boy make it into Med school, Connor thought while watching the map of the warehouses, one of which Ava might be in.
"Post Warehouse corporation, I want every known connection between Russel and this place"
"There are none, no car registered to him as even crossed that toll, and that's the only way in"
"Try any company cars" Connor said.
Kim typed in her keyboard and serval photos came up.
"That's a Dolan and Rhodes car" Connor pointed to a large back SUV with a Wisconsin reg.
Kim typed a few more things into the keyboard and an image popped into the screen.
"Dolan and Rhodes do rent a warehouse we're but there hasn't been any delivers in over four years" Kim read out,
"I think we've found our location" Hank said and the team went to get vested up.

Connor picked up his jacket from the desk and joined Hank.
"Connor, I think it's would be for the best if you stay here"
"She's been gone three days, she needs medical attention, I'm a doctor" he explained simplest.
"Fine, but you stay in the car till we get to her. This might not be pretty" he huffed, walking out into the Chicago cold.

*

They team spread to the location in an unmarked car, pulling into the parking lot. There were no lights in the allys between the warehouses.
"It's to dark to make out the serial numbers" Haliey said to Hank.
"Okey teams of two, move in a grind pattern till we find something, Rhodes your with me"
Everyone split up and Hank and Connor started to make their way around.
After a lap of the yard and still nothing the team regrouped.
"This has to be it, we must be missing something" Hank scratched his head.
"He said something about magazines on the side of the building" Connor reminded him.
"Okey lets do another sweep and look for any signs or magazines"

The team split up again and did another round.
"Do you think we have the right place?" Connor asked, beginning to loose hope.
"Almost positive, we must be missing something" Hank whispered back.
They rounded a corner and started heading back to the team.
"Connor? Rhodes" Hank hissed, noticing Connor was no longer bedside him.
He turned around and found Connor stopped a couple feet behind him.
Hank walked back to where he was while Connor pulled a tarp off some old wood.
"What have you go?"
"Magasin de Vêtements" Connor read out, "clothes store"
"Looks like magazine to me" Hank looked down at the sign and back up.
"What's that smell?"
"Smoke"