22. Rebellion

Those three persons brought me somewhere nearby Latissa.

I don't know why exactly there, but that doesn't matter.

The person who carried me finally placed me down and the Abonimation goo disappears. Laying on the ground, I lift my head a little and I look at them with red puffy eyes.

"W-Why did you do that..." I ask quietly and I wipe over my eyes. "Who are you..."

After a while the three of them pull their hoods down amd they reveal themselves. As soon as I see them, my eyes wide in shock and I gasp.

"I-I don't understand..." I mumble quietly and I slowly sit up, looking at them speechless.

Those three people are Raine, Darius and Eberwolf. Three Head Witches.

"We're sorry to scare you like that, Hunter. But we couldn't risk anyone seeing our identities." Says Raine and they reach out with one hand to me, probably to help me stand up. I immediately stand up and slap their hand away.

"How could you??" I ask, again with tears forming my eyes. "Edric was there, he came for me!!! He was so worried, he blamed himself for not saving me!! Why didn't you let me talk to him, let him now that I am alright!!!" I yell at them, crying strongly.

"Hunter..." Says Raine quietly. "We're sorry. However, we have to keep our identities and your whereabouts hidden." Explain they, looking at me with a sad face.

"Why my whereabouts, what do I have to do with this??" I ask them, upset and still crying. I'd do everything to be with Edric right now.

"Look." Starts Darius and looks at me seriously. "We took Belos' stock of Palismen, that was, when I sent you on that mission to get new recruits, to get you out of the castle. However, something unexpected happened. We already thought about taking you out of that castle, after Raine told us how you reacted to them telling you about the scouts who spyed after you, and to your reaction about their 'condition'. Then you stormed the conference and we thought that you're still too dedicated to the Emperor and his ideals. The moment you gave up on the mission 'Belos' gave you, we decided to get you out of there." Explains Darius, Raine and Eber nod agreeing.

"And we were right. We were scared Belos would punish you, but luckily Belos only locked you in your room. We think he did this, and forbad you generally to go outside, to stop you from any more contact with people who could tell you about the Emperor's real intentions. And Darius lied about the real reason for your 'contaiment' to keep you from revealing the truth and to not risk those coven scouts telling Belos." Continues Raine and I just stare at them, wiping over my teary eyes.

"H-He locked me in...to protect me.." I mumble and I hear Darius sigh.

"No, Little Prince. He didn't." Darius kneels down in front of me, he places his hands on my shoulders and he takes a deep breath. "Belos told you, that 'the Titan has big plans for you', right?"

I just look at him and I nod slightly. "We don't know what that plan for you is, but considering what his draining spell could cause and that he tried to keep you locked away, in order to not lose you out of his sight, it's nothing good." I look at him, not believing him.

"Darius is right." Says Raine and I look over to them. "I tried to go against the Emperor and protect some wild witches. But he found me and forced me through my sigil to give up. Then he ordered Terra Snapdragon to brainwash me through her tea, to keep me at bay. I was able to protect myself from her brainwash, but the Emperor has no limits. He'll do anything to let his plan work out."

Tears are forming again in my eyes and I look back to Darius. "We told you, we didn't wanted to drag you into this. However, the moment Belos locked you away, we couldn't sit still any longer. In order to protect you, we had to get you out of there. And to still protect you, nobody can know where you are. Not even your friends or that boy. We can't risk Belos finding out about your location and getting you back for the Day of Unity. And with your friends break in, we even got them of our trails. "

I just look at him, until I feel him pulling me into a hug. And once again, I can't stop myself. I just start to cry and hug him back. Darius strokes over my back, sighing quietly.

"I'm sorry, Little Prince. We wish this wouldn't have to happen to you. That Boy...Edric was his name, right? He really stood up for you. You can be happy to have found someone like him, who would even take on a coven head in a fight for you. We will watch him and his friends for a while and if we decide they are trustworthy enough, we will let them in on the plan. Untill then, we have to ask you to stick with us and don't contact them. The Emperor is going to search for you, and if there are hints on your whereabouts with them, they'll be in danger". He lets me go and places a hand on my cheek, wiping my tears away. "Do you understand?"

I just look at him, still crying. I can't believe what I just heard. Edric once told me that uncle has an evil plan, but I never believed him.

However, after hearing this from Edric AND three head witches, and considering the fact that he locked me away, I can't help but to start to doubt him.

I keep looking at Darius and I nod a little.

Raine and Eber walk up to me and they smile at me.

"It's okay, Hunter. You're save here." Says Raine and I simply nod before they lead me to the room I'll be staying in for an...unknown amount of time.