2.34 Wedding

{Hunter's PoV}

Some more days have passed since our return to the Boiling Isles. With the help of the towns people and the Collector we build a building in Bonesborough that can be seen as some kind of town hall or castle. I wanted it to be close to the people, but I still needed some kind of home. And for the Collector too since I did put on responsibility for him. Some joked that I kind of adopted him. Still won't change the fact that he needs a place to stay and it should be close to me.

You adopted him.

Aaaaanyway, right now I'm sitting in a conference room with the rest of the coven heads, talking with them on how to change the whole society system. It's our goal to get rid of the coven system and of the dividing of the people. Even though they are even more divided after the whole Owl House game. Just as we're talking, we see Eda and Raine entering the room.

"Oh, there are you two. We've been waiting for you." Says Lilith and we all look at them as they are holding their hands and looking at each other smiling.

"Y-Yeah, sorry...there came something in between." Says Raine and Eda lifts their hand she's holding and that's when me and probably some more notice something on Raine's ring finger.

"Is that an engagement ring???" Say Darius, Lilith, Graye, Mason and me at the same time. And Eber kind of jumped on the table as a reaction.

Eda smiles widely and she spins Raine around. "Oh yes, this Momma finally asked her love to marry her!!" Says Eda proudly. We immediately gather around them, all gratuating them on their engagement.

"Hahaha, t-thank you, thank you. We can't wait to get married." Raine looks over to me, smiling. "And we can't wait for you to marry us. It's a honor for the soon-to-be Emperor to do it."

I keep smiling at them until I eventually realize what they just told me.

"I HAVE TO DO WHAT-?!!??"

{5 days later}

Oh titan, why did nobody tell me I would have to get people married?? Did uncle ever do that?? And why is that the first official thing I'll have to do as soon-to-be Emperor??? I thought I'd have more time before it comes to this!!

"Hey, Kid?" Absolutely nervous and like a total wreck I look over to Eda, standing at my side wearing a nice white tuxedo. "Take a deep breath." I look at her and I take a deep breath. We're both standing at the altar, waiting for Raine to walk in and for the ceremony to start.

It's an open marriage at a place Eda and Raine used to hang out at. It's a beautiful, wide meadow. So, we prepared everything and all the guests already gathered in front of the altar on their seats. I see Edric sitting with his family and he gives me a thumps up. I look over to Luz and King, standing at Eda's side of the altar, both smiling at me.

"I feel like I'm even more nervous then you should be..." I mumble causing Eda to laugh and snort.

"If you've lived that long as we did it, something like this won't make you nervous." I sigh quietly and Eda places a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, Kid. I couldn't think of anyone better then you to do this. Remember how you stood up for the Collector? That's nothing anyone can do and that takes courage. Just think about that and this won't be a problem." says Eda as I just look at the crowd.

"People expect me to do this good and the right way. I don't want to fail my first official act." I say, earning a sceptical look from Eda.

"Blondie, you're allowed to fail. Everybody knows that you're young, nobody expects you to do this perfectly. Just give it your best. And no matter what they say, Raine and I'll be happy with whatever you do." Says Eda, smiling at me.

I look at her for a moment and then just smile too. So, after some minutes music starts to play and everybody looks to the little path in between the seats. That's the moment we see three people flying over to it on staffs. The first one to land is Eberwolf, he's the 'flower boy' since Darius is the one to walk Raine down to the altar. So, they wanted to this since they were the first three to form the revolution two years ago.

I take a short look at my notes I wrote on a paper. I look back to Raine and Darius, walking over to us while Eber throws flowers around. Still smiling, I put the notes away and wait until they arrive in front of us. Once they are here, Eber and Darius walk to Raine's side of the altar and wait there. I take a short look at Raine, their dress is also white and absolutely beautiful. Raine and Eda smile at each other and they hold each other's hands.

Looks like this is my cue. I take another deep breath.

Fuck, fuck, FUCK I CAN'T DO THIS SHIT GIVE ME MY MASK BACK

And panick sets in.

"Thank you all for coming today. We're here to celebrate the blossom of a beautiful relationship." Raine and Eda keep looking at each other as they're holding their hands. "This world faced hardships and fear. Those last two years were not easy, for nobody. And still, we're now here. You two found each other even in desperate times. Your love and passion survived those two years to be now bound together in marriage." I say as I look at both Raine and Eda. "It's an honor to be the one to not only announce a new future for this realm, but also for the two of you. So I'm asking you now, Eda Clawthrone. Are you willing to marry here present Raine Whispers, always cherish, support and love them in good and bad times until death may do you apart?"

Eda keeps looking at Raine with a smile and she nods. "I do."

"And you, Raine Whispers." I look over to them. "Are you willing to marry here present Eda Clawthrone, always cherish, support and love her in good and bad times until death may do you apart?"

Raine smiles just as much as Eda and they nod. "I do."

"You may now exchange your rings." Luz walks over to them, holding a little pillow with two rings on it. Raine takes one ring and they gently lift Eda's hand.

"With this ring, I wed and pledge you my love now and forever." They say and place the ring on her ring finger.

Now Eda grabs the second ring, Luz returns to her position again and Eda also lifts Raine's hand. "With this ring, I wed and pledge you my love now and forever." She places the ring on their hand and they just smile at each other.

I'm just watching them smiling and I continue to talk.

"With the power given to me by the people of the Boiling Isles, I now announce you married. You may kiss now."

Raine and Eda both hug each other and once they kiss, all the guests start to cheer and clap for them. So do I as I just watch them smiling. Once their kiss end both of them take a short look at me, winking me before turning around to the crowd.

"Come on, people!" Says Eda and she lifts a hand into the air.

"Let's celebrate!!!"