2.18 years

[Hunter's POV]

{At the same time in the Human Realm}

Years have passed since we stranded in the Human realm.

A lot happened in those last two years and now, I am graduating school. I've got my diploma this morning and now we're preparing oueselves for prom this evening.

After a few weeks in this realm all of us got a part-time job to help Camila with the money. Amity and Luz helped in the library, Willow in a flower shop and Bob was able to get me a small job in the police station.

After a few months, we started to accept the fact that we wouldn't return to the Demon realm soon.

After a year we gave up on the portal.

After a year and a half, we started to accept that the Demon realm is gone. And all the people we love with it.

So, we tried to move on. Even though I don't think any of us will ever accept what happened. Well, I won't.

Tonight is prom for my grade, grades 10 to 11 are also invited to party with us, so Luz and the others will also attend.

The others are sitting in the living room of the Noceda House, all of them are already ready. I'm sitting in Camila's room as she's doing my hair.

"You know, Mijo." I look up, even though I can't see her. "I'm very proud of you. From all five of you, you were the one who had the most difficulties adapting. Not only to this realm, but also to being a normal kid." She combs through my hair. "You stayed strong. Even protected the others." I look up surprised, causing her to laugh. "What did you think? Of course I noticed. You're like the big, protective brother. Someone I wish Luz had growing up." She finishes styling my hair, then she kneels down in front of me, holding my hands in hers, smiling at me. "So enjoy this. Just like any other teenager. This is your evening."

I look at her, smiling a little and nodding and she pulls me into a gentle hug.

{}

Luz, Amity, Willow, Gus ans Vee all sit in the living room, dressed in fancy clothes and dresses, waiting.

"Awwww, I'm so excited!" Says Gus. "A real human Grom!!"

The others laugh, he's really exicted. "Yes, but don't forget that the Human Grom is called Prom. And that nobody has to fight anyone. And that Prom Queen and King are choosen by voting." Explains Luz and Gus nods, still excited.

"I'm presenting you..." Camila steps into the living room, smiling happily. "Hunter, star of the evening!!!" She steps aside, revealing me standing behind her. I'm looking at the others a little embarrassed. I'm still not really sure about the choice of clothes.

I watch them, sitting on the couch just staring at me with wide eyes.

"Woah." I hear them say in unison, causing me to smile a little embarrassed.

I'm standing in front of them, wearing a red and dark blue kind of suit. It's made up of a tight, dark vest with a red collar. Additionally, I'm wearing an oversized, red jacket with puffy arms. It's open and hanging around my elbows, revealing my upper arms and shoulders. I'm also wearing some dark pants which are held by a belt wrapped around my waist multilple times. Of course I'm also wearing some gloves, even though those are rather tighter and shorter.

"Hunter, you look stunning!" Says Luz smiling and the others nod agreeing.

"Beautiful." Says Vee, smiling at me.

Both Gus and Willow stand up.

"Vee is right. Just some small things." Says Gus and he draws a little spell circle, creating an illusion and making my ears look round.

"And this." Willow also draws a spell circle and she creates a red rose, matching my suit and she places it behind my ear.

I just smile at them, nodding a little. "Thank you."

"I feel like none of those people deserve to go out with you." Says Amity, looking at me. Some tried to ask me out for Prom, but I declined all of them. I'm not interested.

"They are all nice and respectful. All accepted my decision. Well, most." I simply say as Flapjack lands on my shoulder and I smile at him. "Thank you. Love you too." He chirps happily and I look at the others. "I think it's time to go." Flapjack flies off my shoulder and the others nod.

"Wait a moment, come on, gather!" Camila lifts her phone, smiling at us.

We all stand together, smiling as she takes a photo of us.

{}

We're on the way to the school. The prom is taking place in the gym. We're just talking to each other, excited for the party.

We enter the gym and we're all immediately impressed by the amazing decoration.

"Wow. The party committee really outplayed themselves." Says Willow and we nod agreeing. I take a short look around and I notice some of classmates.

"I'll go talk to my class for a moment, I'll see you later." Them all smile at me.

"Of course, have fun Hunter!!" Says Luz , I nod and walk over to my classmates.

"Hey, guys." They all turn around to me and once they see me they gasp, blush and their mouths drop open.

"A-are you okay...?" I ask quietly and they keep staring at me.

"W-Wow Hunter you look...!"

"Fabulous." I turn around suprised to see someone of my parallel class walk over to me. His name is Max, he's pretty popular at school and even a social media star. I guess he's nice, but I sometimes don't like how he treats other people. "You'll be the perfect match as my prom king." He places a hand around my hips, pulling me towards him. I just look at him sceptically and my classmates immediately snap at him.

"Hey, take your hands off Hunter! He told you multiple times that he's not interested in anyone!" Says my classmate Kai and the others nod agreeing.

I grab Max' arm around my hips and take it off me. "I'm nobody's match. I'm not interested in becoming Prom King either." I simply say and look at him. "Now, would you mind? I'm talking to my friends."

He looks at us for a while before taking a step back, smiling. "Of course. I'll wait for our dance as Prom couple ." Says Max before turning around and walking away.

"Urgh, I can't stand that guy. Why can't he understand that you're simply not interested???" Says Blaire, another one of my classmates.

I sigh quietly and wave it off. "Forget him. He'll never learn." I look at them smiling. "Come on, let's spend a good prom together."

They look back to me blushing and then also smiling.