2. Trouble

We're right now flying over Bonesborough, the largest town on the isles. Even though it's the largest town, I was never really there before. Well, I was when that pesky human disturbed me during my Palismen gathering mission. Even though, I wouldn't have met my little cardinal without her.

Anyway, I wasn't really paying attention to the city when I accidentally landed there.

Either way, I land with my staff in an empty alley, while Flapjack returns to his Bird form, I look out of the alley, carefully. The street looks pretty crowded, it looks like a lot of people are on their way towards the covention.

"Alright, first of all I will check out the grounds without my uniform, it will draw too much attention.  I'll make sure that everything is good and then I will take care of the Emperors Coven opening. Sounds like a plan, right?" Flapjack squeaks happily which causes me to smile slightly. I place him on my head while I take off my mask, my cloak and my staff and hide them behind a couple of crates. "You stay here somewhere. Can't risk anyone of the coven recognizing me and seeing me with a Palisman, alright?" He once again chirps happily before flying away. As soon as I'm looking like a normal teenager, I make my way out of the alley, over to the building the convention is happening in. I walk into it, the first thing I see is a giant poster of the main nine covens and the emperor's coven in the middle. I start to make my way through the building, looking out for any supicious behavior or the Owl Lady and her accomplices.

By now, I arrived at the Illusionist Coven and everything seems to go well, I'm just fixing my glothes a little, ready to move on, when I notice some snickering behind a stand. Curiously I walk around just to see someone hiding behind one of the illusionist stands and looking at something. Confused I stare at the snickering, green haired boy until I feel like he's about to cause some trouble.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him with a confident voice. I must have pretty scared him since he squinted together in shock and started at me pretty scared. Even though he seems to calm down after a couple of seconds by sighing quietly.

"Dude, don't scare me like that! I thought one of those coven dudes has found me!!"

"Well, acutally-" before I could even finish my sentence, he grabbed my arm and pulled me down to the ground beside him.

"Hide!! It will happen now!" He says quite excited while looking up from behind the stand we're now both hiding behind.

"What will happen?" I ask confused and follow his gaze to a stand across from our hide out. It's the part of the convention dedicated to the Potions coven. So, there are of course a lot of cauldrins and potions. Before I could even ask what ia supposed to happen all the liquids inside the cauldron's start to bubble and shortly afterwards those liquids shoot up into the air like water fountains. All the people around those stands start to get wet and panik while the witches leading the potion stand use magic to take control of the situation. Completely shocked I stare at the scene and just when I turn around to scold him for such a stupid idea he starts to burst out laughing and crying.

"O-Oh gosh have you seen their faces???
This is amazing!!!" He laughs and shortly afterwards we hear voices and foot steps running into our direction.

"They did it, get them!!!" They yell and I feel once again his hand grab my arm and he starts to pull me along.

"Oh-Oh, they found us, run!!!" He yells still laughing, enojoying this situation a little too much.

Even though I hate to admit, their reactions to the sudden explosions were hilarious.

So, right now I'm running away with that green haired boy, running over the whole convention while we're laughing over the coven scouts not able to hold up. After we rounded a corner he stops with me and lifts up a hand. He uses magic by drawing a blue circle into the air and shortly afterwards he created an illusion on us, making us look like the scouts.

"You!!" Those scouts who followed us also round the corner, completely out of breath. "Have you seen two boys run past you??" Asks the bigger one.

"Oh, does rude boys? Yeah, they ran over there towards the Abonimation Coven." Answers the boy, pointing to that direction with one thumb.

"Alright, thank you! If you find those brats get them out of here!" Yells the other scout before running away.

As soon as they are gone the illusion he created on us disappears and we look like our normal selves again.

"Wow, this was awesome!" Laughs the boy beside me, grinning widely. "Alright, enough pranks, for now. Don't wanna drag you into my trouble." He smiles at me while I just stare at him confused. Such an intriguing boy.

"I'm Edric, by the way. What's your name? I have never seen you around town, are you new here?" He asks me while crossing his arms and leaning against the wall beside him.

"Ehm..." I say, completely irritated by the boys, apparently called Edric, behavior. "I'm Hunter. And no, I've always lived on the boiling isles." I say, being as vague as possible.

"Alright, Hunter. Wanna go check out some covens?" He asks me, still smiling. I look at him and before I could even think about an answer, I'd already answered his question.

"Yeah, I would like to."

His smile gets bigger and we both start to walk off together.