2.16 valentine

[Hunter's POV]

"Valentine's Day?" I ask as I'm packing my schoolback. Gus, Willow and I look confused at Luz. She's holding Amity's hand who is blushing over her whole face holding some flowers and chocolates in her other hand .

"Yes, it's a celebration of love and romance. Usually, people will use it a chance to tell someone they like how they feel and ask them out on a date." Explains Luz and she gives Amity a kiss on the cheek. "Or they just spend time with their loved one."

We all take a short look at each other. Amity places her flowers and the chocolate down and she also prepares herself for school.

"And, what are you guys going to do?" Asks Willow, smiling at them.

"We'll go roller skating, then picknik in the park and watch the stars." Says Luz smiling.

"Nawww, that's nice." Says Gus, also smiling. "But for now we have to go to school."

"Yes, right!!!" Says Amity smiling embarrassed and we all make our towards the school.

{}

We arrive in the school halls and we see a lot of decorations. All walls decorated with hearts and roses.

"Huh...looks like Valentine's Day is important for the people here." Mumbles Willow as someone steps in front of her, holding out a heart shaped paper to her.

"Uhm, hey Willow...would you like to go on a date with me?" Asks a guy her. Gus and I look at him sceptically. We know him, he's part of the soccer team Willow joined as a replacement to her Flyer Derby team. We watched some or her plays and some of her teamsmates did seem interested in her. Neither Gus or I approved of them gushing over her.

So, as Willow smiles at him and nods, we both stand behind her and looking at the guy sceptically. As he notices us, we both stare at him intensively, making him a little nervous.

Willow turns around to us, smiling. "I'll see you guys later." We immediately smiled as she looked at us, we nod and she walks off with the guy.

"Good work." Says Gus, we both chuckle, bumping our fists together as we gain some questionable looks of Luz, Amity and Vee.

"Kind of exaggerated, don't you think?" Says Luz.

"Nope. It was just right." I say, Gus nods and the rest of us starts to walk through the hallway.

We see some more people getting asked out. There's even a stand for roses, you can buy one for a dollar, add a note and then let it be sent to your person of interest.

By now, I'm getting the feeling of that all of this is just for making money.

Probably. People can tell others how they feel on any day.

We're walking over to our lockers, I put in my code and the moment I open my locker, a lot of cards fall out and they all fall to the ground on my feet.

I look at them confused and overwhelmed. "W-Woah, what's that supposed to mean...?" I ask, quietly. Luz kneels down beside me and she grabs one of the cards.

"Hey Hunter, you're amazing and super sweet. Would you go on a date with me? ~B." Reads Luz and then she looks at the other cards. "Those are all Valentine's cards." She looks up to me, smiling. "Looks like someone is pretty popular."

I look at her suprised and Gus kneels down too. "Woah, those are like 30 cards or something." He starts to pick them up along with Luz.

Why would anyone give you something? It's not like you're worth it.