2.21 War

[Edric's POV]

We're waiting for the rest of the covens and our friends. I'm sitting on a rock, fiddling around with my staff, waiting. All of us turn around when we hear a voice and I see King jumping me.

"Woah!" Shocked, I take a step back as I catch King in my arms.

"Ed, Ed, is it true??? Is Em still outside in the snowstorm???" Asks King worried as I hold him on my arms. I take a deep breath before sighing quietly.

"Yeah...sadly..." he looks at me worried.

"We...we have to finally stop this." Mumbles King and he looks at me determined. "Both of us, you and me, we started this. I want to end it again."

I look at him with a little smile and I nod. I see Eda and everyone else walking up to us and they seem just as determined.

"Without the Wild Witches fighting against us and all of us working together, the Collector won't be able to manage all of us at once." Says Lilith and we all nod together.

So, I place King down on my shoulder. He grew a little over those past two years, but is still small enough to be carried around.

All the witches of the Boiling Isles gather around the giant Owl House. Everybody who has a Palisman get's on top of it and we fly up.

"Is everybody ready?" Asks Raine, sitting with Eda on her staff, holding onto her.

We all nod synchronically. The Owl Witches look around all of us and they seem just as determined.

"You better win this now." They can't do anything, so they seem to put their hopes in all of us.

"Wait wait, what's that's supposed to mean??? The Owl Witches refuse to stop the others??? You're on my team!!!" Yells the voice of the Collector and we all look over to the Owl House.

"You saw correctly! We refuse to take part in your games anymore!!!" Says Osran, former Coven Head of the Oracle Coven, and now a Wild Witch in the game.

"Refuse? You refuse to play?! That's against the rules!!!" Says the Collector. We all take a look at the Wild Witches who also share some glares.

"Who cares." Says one of the Wild Witches. "If this is the end, we will play this last game after our rules." All the Wild Witches look at each other smiling.

"Grrr..." We hear the Collector growl. "Breaking rules? Playing after your own? So you'll have to live with the consequences."

All of us look at the Wild Witches, smiling at us.

"Come on, get in there." Says Osran, looking at the giant Owl House next to us.

All of us nod again and we simultaneously storm into the Owl House.

King and I, we fly inside, dodging any kind of attacks the Owl House does. Even though the attacks are noticeably less then before. The Collector is apparently really struggling to stop all of us at the same time.

"This is it, King! This our chance, I know it!!!" I say, flying through the corridors of the Owl House with King sitting on my shoulder.

He looks at me smiling, however he seemed to have noticed something. "Ed, watch out!!!" I hear him yell. I look up surprised, but he already punched himself of me, causing me to loose my balance and fall off my staff.

I land on the ground with a loud thud. Just when I wanted to ask him what that was supposed to be, I see something jumping through the air. I stare at...it with big eyes.

A giant beast landed on the ground some meters away.

"W-What the-??" I ask confused and I immediately stand up again. I watch that...thing. It's grunting quietly and turns around again to face me.

"T-That's the Owl Beast!!!" Says King, shocked.

"Eda???" I yell confused as that thing tries to attack me again. As I jump away, my crow phone flies out of my pocket and a call starts.

"We're under attack!!!" Yells Skara's voice from the Crow Phone.

"Us too!!!" Says Steve's voice.

Multiple voices come from the Crow Phone, saying they are also being attacked.

"I don't understand, who is attacking you??" Says Eda's voice suddenly as I'm avoiding another attack.

"Eda???" Say King and me at the same time.

"So that means...there are multilple Owl Beasts!?" Says King shocked as I dodge another attack.

"Oh titan, those are the Wild Wi-" Says Raine's voice, but their voice suddenly disappears with a loud smash. I take a look at my crow phone and it flies back over to me.

"S-Shoot, connection lost. Dammit!" I yell and suddenly someone appears in front of us.

"Eddie!"  says the Collector with a bright smile. "I'm happy to see you!!! Looks like you already met my Mini Beast." He smiles as he walks over to the Owl Beast. "That's what those wild witches get for disobeying me." He looks back to me, smirking like crazy. "I'm happy to see you one more time before all of this ends. Say, you know where King is? I wanna see him too." He smiles at me. I look at him a little overwhelmed, my glance moves over to King. For a moment, I just look at him before I look back to the Collector and I shake my head.

"Oh well, I'll go look for him. Have fun!!!" He weaves at me before he disappears again. I keep staring at the spot he disappeared on some moments ago. After a while I look back to King and he looks at me just as confused.

"Are you also having-" I ask as I keep watching the Owl Beast, or apparently, a wild witch punished by the Collector, making sure they don't attack.

"A flashback?" says King and he nods. "Me too. The first time we met him this also happened. It was because of...." mumbles King, fundling around with the plate attached to his collar. After some seconds he takes a look at it. "I...I completely forgot. After everything that happened..." mumbles King.

"When did you start wearing that again?" I ask, carefully and slowly walking over to King.

"When you asked me this morning to bring you your staff. Your staff feel down, when I picked it up I took a look under your bed and saw your old clothes from two years ago...it was sticking out of one pocket and I asked your Dad to fix the belt..." mumbles King.

"I remember...you placed it there..." I mumble as I carefully pick him up. "That means he can't see you..." We're both still staring at the Mini Owl Beast. "And neither can they..."

"I have a plan." Says King, looking at the beast determined.