2.11 Condition

[Edric's POV]

One week has passed and today will be the 7th game.
By now, all the Covens have turned against each other. Each Coven is fighting one another and there are even conflicts in between Covens themselves. There are some witches who don't want to fight against each other, they want to keep the damage as little as possible. Some want fo full on end the other Covens to win this. So, everything is a giant mess.

So now, Darius, Eber, Raine, Eda, King and me went to meet the Collector and tell him about an idea.

"You think he's gonna listen?" Says Eda and she looks at both me and King. I take a short look at her arm, Dad build her an improvised prosthesis out of spare parts. It works, but is still painful to look at.

"He will. If it means making the game even more interesting." Says King and I nod, agreeing to him.

We make our way towards the Owl House of the game. Since the game has not started yet, it's not active and in control of the Collector. All of us fly up to the Owl House and we land on top of it.

"Collector, we have to talk to you!" I yell and we all turn around, looking for him.

"Eddie!!" Yells a voice and the Collector appears in between all of us. "Whatcha doing here?? Game number 7 is about to begin!!" He smiles widely.

"Yeah, I know. Look, we have an idea. We want to change up the Covens and members a little."

"The Covens and members? Why's that?" Asks the Collector, spinning around.

"The Covens are fighting against each other, even within each other. Games are all about teamwork. Where's the fun if the teams are not able to work together?" I explain, smiling nervously.

"Yeah, and the game won't be able to continue if even the covens themselves can't work together to fight each other. We want to create a Coven for all of those who don't want to fight the other Covens. " Says Eda, with her arms crossed watching the Collector sceptically.

The Collector spins around for some time, thinking. "Mhhhh, okay! You are allowed to change teams!! But under one condition. For me, to fulfill your wish to reopen the portal to the Human realm, YOUR Coven has to win. If any other Coven wins, the game stops, but whatever Coven does, gets the power to become the next emperor. If you win, the game will end and I'll reopen the portal. You understand?" Says the Collector, smirking widely.

Of course he'd do something like that. All of us exchange quick glances. We know that nobody can win the way things are. However, our only goal is it to finally end this game. And it's still possible to reopen the portal by ourselves...hopefully. So all of us look back to the Collector and we nod, all agreeing to his condition.

"Great!! In which Coven would all of you like to switch to??"

We all take a short look at each other and Raine steps forward. "All of us would like to switch into the Bard Coven. Additionally, we'd like to do a change in name."

"Uhhh, what name, what name??" Says the Collector exicted.

"We're the Bad Girl Coven. The Coven against all the other covens." Says Eda, smirking widely.

"I did not agree to this name, again.
But yes. That's the new coven." Says Darius with an annoyed sigh.

{}

All of us gathered in the former Bard Coven which is now the Bad Girl Coven.

For now, the Bad Girl Coven consists of Eda, Darius, Eberwolf, Raine, Lilith, King, Hooty, Emira and me. We entered the former Bard Coven base and told everybody what was happening. Many left, some stayed - titan, we were lucky enough that some decided to stay. Just when we're rebuilding the base, we hear once again a bell and all of us look over to the giant Owl House.

"Hellooooo Boiling Isles!! I have some exciting news for all of you!! You're now allowed to change your Covens!! Additionally, a new coven has been formed! The Bard Coven is now the Bad Girl Coven, leaded by Eda Clawthrone and some other well know Coven Heads! This Coven is dedicated to win
this without fighting the other covens!! They are the only Coven which won't be granted the power to become the next Emperor! Even though I don't they will win like that, but oh well!!! Go think about a Coven change, today's game will be postponed by two hours!! Byeee!!" The hologram disappears and we all look at each other.

"Alright, more time to rearrange the base." Says Eda and she looks at Lilith and Hooty. "Hooty, you can move the Owl House, right?"

"Hoooot, of course!!!" Says Hooty, once again strapped on Lilith's back.

"Good, Lilith, bring Hooty to the Owl House. Hooty, move the house to our base." Says Eda and Hooty nods.

"I can do that!!!" Says Hooty and Lilith looks at Eda confused.

"Why would we bring the Owl House here?"

"To plan." Says Raine, walking over to the two sisters. "We only have those bunkers with our sleeping places and the sanitary. We need a closed up space which can be guarded to make up a plan in it. And to build and work on...things." Explain they and Darius walks up to them.

"Yes. If you think we can just win this by rushing in there and hope we can reach the flags one day, you're wrong. This will need a good plan. And now that we officially backed down from fighting, we'll be an easy target." Says Darius and we all look at each other.

Lilith nods and she takes out her staff. "Okay. I will fly over to the Owl House. We'll be right back." We weave them goodbye and that's also the moment some people enter the base.

"Good thing you guys did this. All the other Covens are only trying to gain the price, none of them are interested in stopping this."

We all turn around and we see Skara, Vinney, Jerbo, Barcus and Mattoholomule. Even Boscha is there.

"Guys!!" Say Em and me at the same time and we walk over to them. "Good thing you're here! We're gonna need some strong witches to win this!!" Continues Em while I nod agreeing.

They smile at us when we hear more persons coming closer. We all look to the entrance and we see Principle Bump, Professor Hermoncupis and our illusionist teacher Miss Neloren. We also see Gus' father and Willow's Dads walking into our base.

"We'd like to help out, too." Says Principle Bump as he walks over to Eda. "You know, Edalyn. I never thought I'd say this, but your rebellious character is very needed in times like these. I'm very proud of you. You did an amazing job and you even inspired all these students. Maybe you aren't that much of a trouble maker as I always thought. Only missunderstood." He says that and looks at all of us.

Eda looks at him, smirking. "Nawww, thank you Bumpipoo, can you say that again, I have to record it!"

Princple Bump sighs quietly and he walks back to the other teachers. We hear him mumble "I take it back." Causing all of us to laugh.

Once we finished laughing, I notice some of our friends looking around confused. "Hey, where's Luz? And your sister?" Says Skara, looking at us confused.

"And where's our daughter? We haven't seen her in a while." Says Willows Dad Gilbert, holding his partner's hand, smiling.

"Augustus? I'm sure he's here, too." Says Gus' father, looking around smiling, searching his son.

"And Hunter? I'm sure you found him by now, is he alright?" Says Vinney and all of them look at us confused. Our teachers also look around, even though they are looking at Eda and the Coven heads, all avoiding their looks.

"They aren't here." Says Em, sadly. "To protect them, they were sent to the Human realm." All of them gasp in shock.

I take a deep breath. I have to remain calm. For him.

"But..." All of them look back to me. "If we're able to win the game...the Collector will reopen the portal. And we can get them baxk." All of the others look at me and they nod determined.

Looks like that was one huge motivation for all of them. And with the new condition the Collector created, we will need that motivation.