24. Hol

[Edric's POV]

My eyes slowly start to open up and I start to see a strange roof above me.

Groaning quietly, I sit up and hold my head.

"Urgh, my head..."

"Edric!!" I hear Luz voice and she runs over to me, helping me to stand up. "Are you alright??" I hear her ask ans I nod.

"Yeah, don't worry. Are you?" She nods and we both take a look around. "Where are we...?" I ask quietly when we hear another voice.

"We're in Emperor Belos' mind. That spell we prepared there was supposed to bring the other three here, but now, we're here instead of them." Both of us turn around and we see Hunter a couple of meters away. He takes off his rope and looks at us.

"Hunter...it's really you..." mumbles Luz while I look at him, a little too emotional.

"So, you worked with those people. They aren't with the Emperor. They why didn't you contacted us??" I ask him, upset.

Hunter turns his head around, avoiding our glances.

"I...I wanted to..." He mumbles quietly. "But I had to hold back!! They are searching for me, if I tried to contact you and they would've found a connection to me, they would've taken you to get more information!! I couldn't risk your safety for this..." He mumbles while staring at the ground and I walk over to him. "You have to understand, I would've done everything to talk to you, it was my biggest desire these past days...just thinking about how worried you must have been, I'm disgusted of myself for-" Before he could finish that sentence I stopped in front of him, slapping him across the face.

I hear Luz behind us, gasp in shock. Hunter's face is turned to the side and he slowly lifts a hand to his cheek, placing it on it.

"G-Guess I deserved that..." he mumbles even quieter and I grab both of his arms and I pull him into a hug. I notice his and Luz' confused stare, but I just keep hugging him.

"Quit saying those horrible things about yourself. You're not disgusting and you don't deserve to be hit, not because you had feelings and cared for your friends. Not for having emotions and wanting to protect what you love. You followed your heart, Hunty. I'm proud of you." I notice how he starts to shiver and he hugs me back. "I'm sorry for hitting you, but I don't want to hear something like this ever again out of your mouth. I'll promise you, I'll never hurt you again. You need to finally understand it..." I push him a little away, I place my hands on both of his cheeks and I place my forehead against his, looking into his eyes seriously. "You are worth it. You deserve it to be loved and cared about. You deserve it to be alive. You had to go through so much pain and fear, but those times are over now. So please..." I close my eyes and sigh quietly. "You have to finally see your own worth. If you would only know what I see when I look into those dark magenta eyes of yours." I mumble quietly. After some seconds I open my eyes again and I smile softly at Hunter, who is looking at me with tears in his eyes. I let go off his face, he wipes over his eyes with his sleeve and nods while smiling too.

Luz walks over to us, looking at us with sparkling eyes and sobbing quietly. "T-That was beautiful... I wish I had my phone to film that!"

While Hunter looks embarrassed to the side, I chuckle quietly and I take his hand, holding it in mine. After some seconds he sighs quietly and holds my hand too.

"Sooo..." Luz turns around, looking at all the framed pictures around us. "I'm glad that everything is fine, but what now?" Hunter and I look at each other, confused when we suddenly hear Eda's voice.

"Luz, Edric are you there??" We hear her ask and Luz geta her rabbit walkie-talkie out of her pocket.

"Riiiight, we were with Eda on the Night Market when we met you." Says Luz and Hunter looks confused at us.

"Why were you at the Night Market?"

"Well..." says Luz and we both smile kinda embarrassed.

"Hoping to find information about you..." I finish her sentence and Hunter turns a bright red.

"O-Oh..." He mumbles, pulling a little on his hair strand.

"Luz, what is going on???" We hear Eda's voice and all of us look back to the walkie-talkie and Luz presses a button.

"Uhm...we have some kind of situation here..." says Luz while looking at us.

"What kind of situation?" We hear King ask and Luz and I take a look at Hunter. He looks at us for a moment before talking into the walkie-talkie.

"Hello, Owl Lady." Says Hunter and we hear Eda and King gasp in shock.

"No way, is that our golden boy??! Wha- what happened, where did you find him??" Asks Eda shocked.

"I will explain everything to you later. However, right now we could use your help. My...team tried to create a spell to bring them into the Emperor's mind, but Luz and Edric disturbed our spell and now the three of us are trapped inside Emperor Belos' mind."

Once again we hear Eda and King gasp in shock.

"Can you get us out of here?" Asks Luz, looking at the Walkie-talkie hopefully.

"I-It'll be hard, I can't perform magic."

Both me and Luz sigh quietly when Hunter starts to talk again. "My team has a potion spell that would've get them ouf his mindscape, if you can recreate the potion, then you can get us out of here, even without magic. Do you know what potion I am talking about, Owl Lady?"

Eda seems to think about it for a while when she seems to remember it.

"Ohhh, of course!!! Don't worry, kids!! I'll get you out of there!!" All of us smile relieved when Eda starts to talk again. "Oh, and two things, Blondie."

Luz and I look at Hunter, curious about what Eda has to say to him.

"Yes?"

"First, Eda is okay. We aren't enemies anymore." Says Eda, laughing quietly. Hunter seems a little embarrassed and he nods.

"Y-Yeah, of course sorry..."

"Second, there's someone who would like to say hello." First, we are confused but when we hear a chirp coming out of the walkie-talkie, Hunter snatches it out of Luz' hand and turns around before talking into it.

"Flapjack!!! I missed you so much!!!" Says Hunter and we hear another chirp out of the walkie-talkie. Hunter whispers some things into the phone and after a while we hear him mumble.

"Okay, I'll see you later. I love you." We hear King and Eda both go 'Awweeeee' from the Walkie-Talkie. He stops pressing on the button and turns around again to look at us, while we're both smirking at him.

"That was adorable." I say, still fascinated by this relationship with his Palisman. He's just too caring.

"Agreed." Says Luz, noding and with tears in her eyes.

Hunter walks up to us, blushing. He pushes the walkie-talkie into Luz' hands before he grabs my hand and starts to walk off.

"C-Come on, it'll take a while for the Ow-...for Eda to prepare the spell. Meanwhile we should explore his mind a little."