2.14 calm

The second class went by smoothly, I even answered some questions the teacher asked, impressing her and my other classmates. After the second class ended, my classmates accompanied me to the cafetaria. They all talk to me, it's very nice. I wouldn't have thought they'd just talk to me like that. In the cefetaria I look around, searching for the others when I hear someone yell my name.

We all look into the direction and we see Luz, also known as Veronica now, and the others sitting at the table, all weaving me.

"You know them?" Asks one of my classmates and I look at them.

"Yes, they are my friends." I say and they look at them kinda sceptically.

"Really? They don't seem like the type that should hang out with you." Says one of my classmates, I think his name was Kai.

I look at hin confused along with some of my other classmates. "Why not? They are my best friends." I ask, confused.

"Well, you're real cool. And badass. They seem kinda...lame." I look at him for a moment.

"They are the strongest and coolest persons I've ever met. They are like siblings to me, family" I grab him by his collar and I pull him in front of my face, starring at him seriously. "And if you ever dare to insult my family again, you should beg that I am the one to take care of you. Cause I'm nowhere near capable of what they can, you understand me?"

He stares at me, red like a tomato and he nods a little. I let go of his collar and I look at the others, all of them red as well. Why are they all red? Are they angry?

And what did I say?? Siblings and family??? I keep staring at them before clearning my throat a little. I went overboard.

"W-Well, I will go over to them." I simply say, I walk past all of them over to the table Luz and the others are sitting at and they look at me confused.

"Hey Hunter, you seem to be liked by your class." Says Luz surprised.

"Well, I think I just messed it up, but it's okay I'm used to it." I say quietly but they take a short look at each other before they look back to me.

"It looks like they still like you." Says Vee and she points at them. I look at her suprised, I turn around to see all of them still staring at me. Once I catched eyes with them, they immediately turn and walk away.

I watch them for a moment before looking back to the others. "I don't understand. Looks like they can't even stand me looking at them."

All of them sigh quietly and they slap their own faces. Still a little confused I just look at them but they shrug it off.

Together we eat and the others talk about their school day. It seems to be good for them, expect for Gus who already knows everything in his grade.

"I can't do that, I wanna learn new things!" Says Gus, frustrated. I placed a hand on his shoulder and Willow looks at Luz.

"Gus skipped a couple classes in Hexside, can't he try to do that too?" Asks Willow and Luz looks at Gus.

"Of course. We can go the principle right after school." Luz smiles at him. "Don't worry, you will definitely learn something new about the Human Realm." Gus looks her at with a smile before he looks at me. I just give him a short smile and I stroke over his head.

He seems happy. That's good.

We continue to eat and talk to each other, at some point, the bell rings announcing the end of the break.

"Alright, let's get back to our classes. We'll meet up later." Says Vee and we all nod.

{}

By now, school has ended and we all returned to our house. We also went to the principle to let Gus take an evaluation test. It was no surprise that he was immediately able to skip two grades. Now he's in the same class as Willow.

I was so happy for him, he seemed a lot happier with the thought of being with the others and that he would finally learn some new things.

Meanwhile it's already midnight. I was once again struggling to sleep in my room, so I climped out of my window and with the help of Flapjack flew up onto the roof. We're both sitting on it, just watching the beautiful sky filled with thousands of stars.

"You know...school was nice. I was exicted, but also scared. I thought they would treat me like an outcast, which I am, but they even seem to like me. Everyone is so nice to me, yet it doesn't feel right. As if something was missing for me to be truely happy. And yes, it is." I keep stroking over Flapjack's little head, just looking at the sky. "I miss them. All of them. And him. Oh titan, I think I'm gonna turn crazy if I don't hear one of his dorky jokes soon enough." I start to laugh quietly, smiling a little. "Yeah. I'd do everything to have them here. Then..that'd be everything someone like me could wish for."