2.8 conflict

{Hunter's PoV}

I don't know where I ran to. I just ran. At some point I would realize that it was stupid to run around in a city I was unfamiliar with.

Well, it's not like I cared either way.

I don't know where exactly I was, but I arrived in some kind of park with a river.
I look around, out of breath. I take a short look at the river before walking over to it and sitting down beside it. I just stare into the clear water, trying to free my mind a little.

Useless.

"Shut up..." I mumble and just keep looking into the water.

So what then? I'll shut up and you'll be completely alone again. Wanna throw yourself into the river? With everyone gone, it doesn't matter either way.

"As long as I don't know their status, they are not gone. Maybe the Collector didn't do anything to them." I say and take a look at my gloves.

Sureee, keep on living in denial. And what about Flapjack? We both know that he only choose you because of Caleb. Maybe everybody would be happier if you'd stop being Hunter and start being Caleb.

"I don't know what Caleb was like. Neither do they.
And Flapjack...he must have noticed that I am different then Caleb..." I pull the gloves off my hands. "Either way, he stayed...but it still hurts. So much." I mumble and I place my gloves down. I take a short look at the sigil on my right wirst. Then I look at my palms for a moment.

Who knows. Caleb could've stopped his brother. He could've protected the people he loves. Maybe he wouldn't have failed and endangered them. Maybe the world would be better with Caleb in it instead of you.

I remain silent and I simply move my hands into the water. Once I feel the cold water on my hands, I sigh quietly and close my eyes relieved.

...
They started to hurt again.

"It's not the first time. You know it happens when I wear them for too long." I mumble quietly. And luckily, my own mind seems to give me some space now. I'm sure for any outsider, I'd look like an insane boy talking to himself. I keep my hands in the cold water, cooling them a little. After some time I take my hands out of the water, I lay down on the grass and I place my hands down on my chest to let them dry. I just look into the blue sky. It's a pretty color. It's so different then the sky from the boiling isles. So much calmer.

So I just keep laying there when something flies down from the sky to me. I follow the thing with my eyes and after a few seconds, a little red cardinal lands on my chest, chirping and looking at me worried.

"Hey...missed you a little, already started to talk with  myself." I mumble quietly and Flapjack jumps up and down, he takes a short look at my hands before looking back to me and chirping distressed. "Don't worry, those are old." I mumble and he seems to calm down a little. I sit up and take a look at him. "I'm...I'm sorry for being so mean to you." While mumbling this I stroke gently over his little head. "Just the thought...hurt so much. And with everything that happened... I'm just so overwhelmed and scared..."

He chirps quietly and I just listen to him carefully. "When you met me because of Luz you thought for a second that I was him...but you noticed it pretty fast?" He chirps again. "We were different as day and night...?" He nods a little and then continues to chirp. "He's calm, wise and forgiving while when you met me for the first time I was...determined, strong, passionate and...a stubborn dickhead, hey!!!" He chirps happily and I just smile a little. "And now I am a little more like him, nicer, softer and calmer....but I still could never be him and he could never be me...Thank you..." I mumble quietly and he rubs his head a little against my hand. "You know..." I lift my head up and look into the sky. "I had some trouble with my thoughts lately...I don't want to burden anyone with my problems, they are going through enough, but...can I tell you about it...? Will you listen to me...?" Once again, he chirps and smiles at me. I lay down again and he sits down on my chest. I take a short, deep breath and then tell him about the voices in my head and what they tell me. Flapjack sits on my chest, listening to me.

[Luz's POV]

After Vee, Gus and Hunter departed to go shopping, we sat down with Mom and continued to tell her more about what happened. Now that we had more time and were a little recovered, we told her some more details and explained some more things.

"So..." She says as she stirs her tea a little. "I think I understood the most of it...but I'm still a little bit confused about the ... Owl Lady...?"

"Eda, yes." I nod. "She took care of me. Without her, I wouldn't have lasted in that realm so long. She is the most powerful witch of the whole Boiling Isles."

"But didn't you say she lost her powers to...this curse when she tried to protect you...?" Says Mom and both Amity and Willow beside me nod.

"Yes, but she will always remain the strongest witch ever on the Boiling Isles." I explain to her. "Until the very end, she did everything to stop the draining spell. I hope she's alright..." I mumble quietly and look at the ground. Amity beside me looks at me worried and she takes my hand in hers.

"Hey. The spell was stopped. If Hunter is fine, then she'll be fine too." Says Amity and she gives me a smile. I look at her for a moment before smiling too.

"Yeah, you're right..." I mumble and I look back to Mom, smiling at us.

"You two are so cute together. Finalmente encontraste buenos amigos. Y una hermosa novia. Estoy tan feliz por ti, mija."

I look at her with big eyes and a smile appears on my lips. Willow and Amity look at me confused, but I just take both their hands, holding them in mine and smiling.

We continue to explain her what happened when the door opens and Gus and Vee come running inside the living room. Both gasp for air and they look around the living room before looking to all of us, gathered around the table.

"Is he here??" Asks Vee, out of breath and she looks at us. All of us stand up and we look at them in shock.

"Who?" says Mom confused, but we noticed it immediately.

"Where's Hunter...?" Says Willow quietly and both Vee and Gus look at each other with big eyes.

"Oh no..." Mumbles Gus and he looks at all of us. "Something happened, he ran away and we can't find him anywhere! We had hoped that he somehow was able to return here, but if he's not here then..."

All of us look at them big eyes. "We gotta go find him! He can't stay out there all alone, he doesn't know how the human realm works!!" I say and I look at Mom worried. She looks at me for a moment and she nods.

"Alright, Vee, Luz and I will go and search for him. I want you three to stay here, if you get lost too, it won't help." I look at Amity, Gus and Willow, looking at my Mom with hesitation, but they nod. I know that they want to search too.

Mom looks at me and Vee, we both nod. We walk towards the door and just when we want to open it, we hear the bell ring. We look at each other with big eyes. Mom takes a short look at Vee and she immediately walks away. Can't let anyone see us both at the same time. Mom takes a short look at me before opening the front door.