2.30 suprise

[Hunter's PoV]

After they walked me away from the main party, all of us sat down on and around a bench, at a rather isolated side of the school yard. All of them did their best to cheer me up. The best thing was when Gus used his illusion magic to prank some of our teachers. We're all laughing together and they all did help me to calm down.

"Thank you, guys." I mumble quietly and all of them smile at me.

"You're welcome." Some of them who sat on the ground stand up. "Wanna come back to the party? It's after all our Prom." Says one of my classmates

"No, I'd like to be alone for a while." I say, giving them a small smile.

"Are you sure?" Asks Vee beside me, Willow places a hand on my arm and she looks at me worried.

"Yes, I'm sure. Come on guys, go enjoy the evening and celebrate." Gently, I push them off the bench, they share some short looks before looking back at me.

"Call us if you want to talk." Says Amity and I nod. All of them walk off, I remain on the bench and I just weave them. Once they are out of my sight, I sigh quietly and lean back on the bench. I lift my head a little to look at the beautiful sky.

So this is goodbye.
There were still so many things I wanted to do.
So many words I had to say.
Now...

"Farewell, Boiling Isles...Edric."

I close my eyes and just stay on that bench. I don't know how long I was sitting there, apparently I fell asleep for a couple of minutes because the next time I opened my eyes, Luz was standing in front of me, shaking me by my shoulders.

"Hunter, wake up!!! Wake up!! Come on, you have to see this!!! WAKE UP!!!!" Yells Luz in my ear, I push her away as my first reaction and I cover my ears.

"Argh, yes I'm awake!! Why are you screaming?!" I ask upset and she along with Gus grab my arms and they pull me with them.

"Come on!!!" I sigh quietly and just follow them back to the party. As we're there, I notice that a crowd has gathered and they are all murmering about something. I can't really see what about since they are blocking the view.

"What's going on?" I ask confused as Luz and Gus keep pulling me towards the crowd.

"You won't believe it!!" Says Gus. And that's when I notice tears in his eyes. What's happening?

Those two drag me through the crowd towards the very front, there I can already see Amity, Willow and Vee along with many of my classmates.

Once we're at the front, I look at them absolutely confused. "What's going on?" I ask and now I also notice tears in their eyes. Amity looks at me with a smile, she places a hand on my cheek and she turns my head a little. Still confused, I look forward to see what everybody else was murmuring about.

And what I see there shocks me completely.

My eyes wide and I cover my mouth with one hand as I'm just staring over there. I feel my heartbeat fasten and my eyes filling with tears.

"N-No way...p-please tell me I'm not dreaming..." I mumble quietly with a shacking voice. My family by my side smile at me, the murmur among my classmates stop as I take a step forward in front of the crowd.

This can't be happening.
After all these years.
After all this time.
After all the pain.

The moment I stepped forward, his scanning glance over the crowd stopped and he immediately looked over to me.

"A-Are you really...?" I ask quietly as I'm just looking at him, a couple of meters in front of me. Once he sees me, a smile appears on his lips. He's just standing there as if nothing happened. He's wearing a fancy blue suit and he looks more mature, I'm even seeing sone beard grow. But still, I see that same sparkle in his eyes.