27. Hide

[Edric's POV]

After crying for a while, Hunter feel asleep in Darius arms. Looks like it was way too much for him.

Darius carried him over to the sofa, I got a blanket from the room next door and I cover him with it, as I sit down next to him on the couch, holding his hand.

"No wonder he reacted like that." Says Eda and she takes a short look at the sleeping Hunter. "Everybody would have lost it after finding out something like that."

We all take a short look at Hunter before Luz starts to talk again.

"But I don't understand. Why was Hunter with you?" Asks Luz and looks at the three Coven Heads.

"And why did you pretend to not remember? Why didn't you tell me about your plan, I could've helped." Says Eda, looking at Raine.

They rub over their neck, chuckling nervously. "Is it...too hard to believe that I wanted to keep you save...?" Says Raine, smiling awkwardly. "It was something different with Hunter." They say, taking a short look at him. "We had to get him out of that castle. He wasn't save there, so we had to protect him. But you, Eda." Raine walks over to Eda, taking her hands in theirs. "Without your magic, you were no threat for the Emperor anymore. So, you weren't in danger. But now, that the Emperor saw Luz with Hunter, who he has been searching for, he's gonna think that you took him. And in addition, he knows that they've been in his mind."

"So, we had no choice then to reveal ourselves to you and drag you into our plan." Continues Darius. "You should leave the Owl House as soon as posssible and come with us to our secret hideout. You will be save there."

"Leave...the Owl House...?" Says Luz and she looks at King and Eda.

Eda looks at King and Luz for a while. "If...it's for your protection...I'm fine with leaving the Owl House." Says Eda, giving Luz and King a soft smile. Raine also, smiles a little and he sighs relieved.

"Good." Says Darius and he now looks at me. "You should probably come with us, too. You will also be his target if you were in there. You're in danger."

I look at him for a while. I actually link this guy to the person who hurt Hunter and sent him away to be punished by Belos. But he seems to really care about Hunter. The way he comforted him and hold him in his arm is no compare to what I saw on the school field when he captured Hunter.

"Well, what would that mean for me...?" I ask and I look away from Darius, over to Hunter, still sleeping on the couch.

"It's like...hiding. You'll live in the secret hideout until the Day of Unity is over. And we will ask you to stay there and don't contact anyone outside the hideout." Explains Raine and I look at them, shaking my head.

„N-No, I can't do that! My Family...!" I stop for a moment before continuing to talk. "I mean...my sisters will get worried if I suddenly disappear." I mumble, quiter then before.

"You're Alador's Kid, aren't you?" Says Darius and Raine looks at him suprised.

"Oh, really? You are Alador's and Odalia's kid?" Says Raine and I look at them confused.

"Yes? They are my parents, why? Do you know them?" I say confused and Darius sighs.

"Yeah, unfortunately. Raine, Eda and I went with them to Hexside." Explains Darius while grabbing his nose.

"I did?" Says Eda confused, causing Raine to chuckle quietly and Darius to sigh again.

"Anyway." Says Darius and he looks back at me. "If you are a Blight Kid, then you can speak with your parents and tell them about the Emperor's intentions. Those pesky, disgusting, ridi-" he says annoyed, but is stopped by Eberwolf jumping on his shoulder. He sighs quietly. "Abomatons are a real pain. If you can stop them from delivering more to the Emperor, it'll be a big help." Says Darius and now everybody looks at me.

"That sounds...easier then you think. My parents are obsessed with their business."

"Well, that's true..." Says Raine, thinking for a while. "Odalia won't listen."

"But Alador will." Continues Darius and he looks at me. "Odalia had too much control of him. If you, his own son, talk to him, he'll listen." Says Darius and he places a hand on my shoulder, looking at me determined. "It'd be a great help. Can you at least try?"

I think about it for a moment before sighing quietly and nodding. "I'll try. Under one condition." They look at me, suprised but still listening. "You have to protect my sisters, too. If Belos finds out about me, they'll be in danger, too."

The theee coven heads look at each other surprised before looking back to me. "That won't be a problem. " says Raine and I smile a little.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." Smiles Raine at me and the three of them stand up. "This is our location." Raine passes Eda a map. "You should come to us as soon as possible." Says Raine, looking at Eda and she nods.

"We will..." she looks at Raine for a while. "It's good to have you back, Rainestorm."

Raine smiles at her and they nod. Now the three coven heads take a short look at the sleeping Hunter and Luz shakes her head. "Don't even dare to wake him." Now everybody looks to Luz. "Have you seen those eyesbags? Even if he fell asleep of exhaustion, he sleeps."

"Kid's right." Says Eda and she places a hand on Luz' shoulder. "Let him sleep here. We'll leave the Owl House once he wakes up. Then we'll bring him with us to your hideout."

The three coven heads seem to think about it for a while before giving in. "Fine." Says Darius, he walks over to Eda.

"If something happens to him, I will make you responsible." Says Darius, looking at Eda dead serious.

"Don't worry. We will take care of him."