Before the Expedition Part 1

Eren looked in slight awe at the new location for the Survey Corps. The castle was pretty dirty but it was huge.

He got off of his horse and tied the rope to the post so the horse wouldn't run off. He looked over to see Petra and Oluo bickering about biting tongues and pretending to be Levi. He also saw Eld and Gunther walking towards the castle. Eren wasn't really focused on that though.

He was more focused on the fact that these guys, or Levi's squad. They were the best of the best and chosen by Levi himself, and were also the ones who could kill him if he ever goes on a rampage. But there was also...

Eren looked over to see the red caravan come to a stop, before it shifted into the Metal Titan, or rather Optimus Prime. Optimus stood up fully before he began to stretch his arms.

"I'm not going to get used to that," Eren heard Eld remark.

Eren glanced back at Optimus before turning away. He really didn't trust him at all. He probably would've said because Optimus was a titan, but almost everyone else considered him a titan as well, even if he was born human.

But it wasn't even Eren's fault that he was like this. Every time he tried to remember, he would end up having a huge headache. At the worst, he would pass out.

And even if Optimus did help humanity, who knows when he'll turn on them. But after what he did in the courtroom, he was a little unsure.

* * *

"Optimus Prime, you will be handed over to the Survey Corps," Zackley declared.

"Understood, your honor," Optimus said.

Eren widened his eyes as Optimus walked over to him, causing everyone to whisper in confusion. Eren looked over to see Optimus pull the metal rod that held him down.

Eren didn't realize how weak he felt after Levi beat him up. He almost fell over, but Optimus caught him before he hit the floor.

"Are you alright?" Optimus asked.

Eren was about to answer, but he winced in pain. Optimus then carefully lifted Eren to his feet.

"Hey, what are you doing?" the merchant demanded, "Why are you helping that monster?"

"Monster or not, as far as I am concerned, he's not a threat. I simply see him as someone who needs medical attention." Optimus calmly told him.

Eren widened his eyes in shock. Why was he helping him? They didn't know each other, yet the titan was helping him. Who was this guy?

* * *

Eren wasn't really sure if he could trust him. No matter how many lives he saved, he really wasn't sure.

Eren looked back at Optimus, only to find him looking down at him while stretching. Eren quickly turned around in embarrassment before Optimus could notice.

Optimus quirked an eyebrow as he noticed Eren turning away. Optimus mentally sighed. Knowing from past experiences, it would take a while for the humans to trust him, especially ones in the military since they were more cautious. But he noticed that everyone was high-strung and on alert, even if they didn't like it.

Looks like it was back to square one.

"Look at all the weeds," Eld observed, "What a mess,"

"It hasn't been used for years," Gunther reminded, "Inside is probably covered in dust."

"That's a serious problem. We'll begin immediately," Levi proclaimed.

Optimus was confused. Begin what?