Fear Part 1

Erwin opened the door to his home before picking up his bag of grocery. He walked inside and shut the door before walking over to his kitchen. He set the bag down on the countertop, and Kenny quickly snatched an apple from the bag.

"Been a while since I've had one of these," Kenny remarked before taking a bite.

Erwin didn't respond as he took out the rest of the groceries. Kenny raised an eyebrow as he was munching on another bite.

"You're gonna cook?" Kenny asked.

"Is that a problem?" Erwin asked.

"Just doesn't seem like you can handle it," Kenny answered.

"I've been doing just fine for four months," Erwin reminded.

"Sure, whatever," Kenny shrugged, "By the way, you got a gift left at the door."

Erwin grew tense at the statement.

"Relax, I waited until they left," Kenny reassured, "It was just some fancy wine."

"Pixis," Erwin realized, "I didn't think he'd come all the way out here."

"If that's the case, I might as well leave," Kenny declared, "Guess the one thing I didn't consider was your pals coming over for a chat."

"They don't usually come over," Erwin admitted, "I haven't really seen them in the four months prior to Megatron coming here."

"Speaking of that asshole, it's been five months since we've last seen him," Kenny hissed, "I thought this was supposed to be some espionage mission, but we've been doing nothing but sitting on our asses!"

"They haven't come to the island yet," Erwin reminded, "But it's only a matter of time before they do."

Kenny sighed in agreement as he finished his apple.

"Surprised you didn't leave," Erwin admitted, "And also that you haven't tried to kill me."

"Well, you did break me out, so I owe ya," Kenny shrugged, "Also if I killed you, I'd have more to worry about than that buckethead. I'm already a wanted fugitive."

Erwin didn't respond to that as he turned on the fire. Kenny was referring to Levi; he knew that. But he also knew it wasn't wise to bring it up. Just because killing MPs was his original profession, didn't mean that he wouldn't have a problem with killing the Survey Corps. He just hoped that the Marleyans would arrive soon so that he wouldn't be in such an awkward situation with the ripper.

------------

Eren winced as a nurse drew blood from him. The moment she finished, the wound regenerated in an instant. Hanji marveled over the healed wound before taking the syringe from the nurse's hand.

"This is wonderful," Hanji smiled as she placed some blood on a petri dish, "Regeneration time is in an instant."

Hanji handed the syringe back to the irritated nurse before examining his blood sample. "Your blood is coexisting with the energon. It's amazing."

"Yeah...," Eren mumbled, "Amazing...,"

"And according to buckethead, Annie is still alive, so it doesn't seem that the lifespan will be shortened," Hanji added.

Eren grunted in response. "Where's Optimus? I wanted to train with him."

"He's over at the Cybertronian ship," Hanji replied, "He's trying to fix something that will allow to find other energon deposits, maybe even another ship."

Hanji then picked up a Cybertronian blade for the 3D gear and showed it to Eren. "We can make more of these with actual Cybertronian tools instead of our own. We have to heat this up to the point where the smoke can burn our faces off. It's so exciting."