Trades

Levi waited patiently outside of the port for any sign of Optimus or Megatron. He didn't know what happened after their battle, or whether or not there was some sort argument afterword. They ended up injuring each other. Because of that the entire military was starting to fret about their only advantages against the outside world. The teens in the Survey Corps; however, were more worried about Optimus as a person. Guess he was grateful for that.

But that fight, really put more things into perspective. Optimus might have this kind demeanor, but when it came to Megatron, all of his hatred and anger just came boiling to the surface. He supposed that was due to their shared history, but he still questioned where the two of them stood after all this time. He knows Megatron wants to make amends with him, but he wasn't sure if he was doing a good job of it.

But the biggest issue of all was the fact that Optimus and Megatron couldn't be controlled. If they wanted to, they could destroy everything they've built or killed each other. The only reason that hasn't happened was because of pure chance.

Levi saw Optimus driving towards him in the distance as the sun began to rise. Optimus stopped directly in front of the Ackerman as he crossed his arms.

"Levi, what are you doing up so early?" Optimus asked, the surprise clear in his voice.

"I'm an insomniac, remember," Levi stated, "How's the arm?"

"It is sore, but Megatron was able to patch up the wound," Optimus explained.

"The brats have been worried about you," Levi told him, "Hanji's been panicking since the fight ended."

"I would assume so," Optimus sighed, "I am sorry for causing so much concern."

"Well, with the fight and you promising your world's technology to rather greedy people, everything pretty much shit right now," Levi explained.

Optimus activated the holoform and walked towards the port. "I cannot risk the Rumbling getting activated."

"...we didn't want to unleash the whole thing," Levi retorted.

"It would still be a huge loss," Optimus retorted, "There would be no change and the world would want the island gone more than anything else."

"You're still putting yourself at risk," Levi countered, "Can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't blame Buckethead for acting out in anger as a result. Couldn't understand what the hell you two were saying, but the tone was clear."

"I would be able to regulate what's been given to the Azumabito clan," Optimus proclaimed.

"Do you even have a thought-out proposal?" Levi asked him.

"I can write down the general ideas before I have to meet with them," Optimus answered.

"I'm coming with you," Levi declared, "I'll be with you in the meeting."

"What about Hanji?" Optimus asked him.

"Four eyes isn't exactly doing so well for a meeting right now," Levi answered, "You need to talk to them and tell them that you're okay."

"...I wish to address the meeting first," Optimus declared.

Levi shrugged. "Fine."

---------------

Zeke was writing something in his desk when he heard the door open. He looked up to see Matthew walking into his office before shutting the door, prompting him to stand up.

"So...what did the island say?" Zeke asked him.

Matthew kept a neutral expression, but his eyes showed irritation. "The island is...currently looking into another option."