Coup D'état Part 7

Annie slowly opened her eyes before blinking at her surroundings. She seemed to be in something wooden. She tried to speak, but found that her mouth was bound by a rope. She tried to move her hands and feet but found that they were bound too. She looked up and saw the starry night sky and realized she was outside.

What was going on? How did she get here? The last thing she remembered was arguing and muffled noises, followed by an explosion. And...there was a man. She mistook him for her father, but who was he? Was he going to hurt her? Did she say anything that might jeopardize her mission?

"I...I need advice," she heard someone say in a rushed manner, followed by, "I'm not going to hurt you,"

"Just...Why would you ask me? Why not Mikasa? You get along better with her," another voice reasoned.

That sounded like Armin. Shit! That meant she was captive of the Survey Corps! Where were they taking her?! How would she get out?!

"As much as I am impressed by her motivation, Ackerman is only here for one reason, and that is to keep watch over Prime's Pet," she heard the other person explain, "She's not exactly one I can get solid advice from."

Ackerman? Did he mean Mikasa? And who was Prime's pet?!

"So...you ask me?" Armin questioned.

"This was a mistake."

"I'm sorry," Armin apologized, "You're not used to this."

Annie heard the other person take a deep breath. "Optimus said that I could leave this world once the coup is over."

'Leave this world?' Annie thought. What did he mean by...? Oh no. Whoever this person was isn't human. It's one of Optimus' kind, and someone who could travel between worlds. She had to leave and fast. She couldn't handle her own against Optimus; he nearly killed her. She knew nothing of the titan that was talking with Armin right now.

Wait...what about Bertholdt and Reiner? Did they engage Optimus? Did they engage this titan? Where in the hell were they?! And how strong was this titan?!

"So...why did you tell me about this?" Armin asked.

"Because talking to the dwarf would be such a nice conversation," the titan answered with sarcasm in his voice.

"I'm going to help set up the bomb." Armin said.

Annie quickly closed her eyes and pretended she was unconscious, realizing the conversation was over. She grew scared as she felt someone touch her neck and check her pulse before letting her go. She waited a couple of seconds before opening her eyes and looking at the man. She couldn't see his face, but he was wearing all gray and had a sword and shield, clearly ready for combat.

There was nothing she could do now. The only thing that she could do was wait for an opening in order to escape.

* * *

Eren could still here himself scream at the memory of him eating his father. Rod and Historia both removed their hands from his back. Meanwhile, Historia stumbled back and clutched her head as she began to remember the lost memories of her sister.

"How...how could I have forgotten?" Historia questioned as she began to cry, "She taught me how to read and write. She made sure I was never alone. How did I forget?"

"You must've met Frieda," Rod realized, "A woman with black hair. She is your half sister. She must have been concerned for you, but she also seemed to have wiped your memories in order to protect you."

"Wipe my...memories?" Historia asked.

Rod nodded his head. "Seems coming into contact with Eren might have helped you remember."