Infiltration Part 2

Zeke quickly glanced at Matthew as they walked down the hall towards the training grounds. He noticed that Matthew held himself to a higher standard when no one else was around. He had a calculating stare and straight back, clearly wanting to be in control of the situation.

But there were things he had to take into consideration. He didn't know how much the titan knew of human culture, and the form he was currently in only lasts twenty four hours before complications arise. Would that apply to the clothing he phased into as well? How would he cover up the fact he couldn't eat or drink? How long before the two of them got caught?

"You're tense," Matthew commented, causing Zeke to snap out of his thoughts, "If you don't want to be suspicious, then don't look guilty."

"When did you activate the human form?" Zeke asked.

"This morning," Matthew answered, "I actually did take a look around the facility before I arrived at your door."

"We have to keep track of when you turn it on," Zeke proclaimed.

"I can keep track of it by myself," Matthew proclaimed.

"Things can happen," Zeke retorted.

"And you clearly think I'm incompetent," Matthew shot back.

Zeke didn't respond as they continued on. The titan clearly didn't trust him, and had no reason to. But in order to get closer to the island, closer to Eren, he had to gain his trust.

—–

Colt stared on at the other warriors as he did his stretches. He was worried, really worried. The event that happened between him and his brother yesterday could put both him and his brother at risk. Falco just started the program and he was already one of the top candidates to inherit Zeke's titan. If what happened yesterday jeopardizes any of that, everyone he cared about would be shipped off to Paradis or used in the war. He had to be more cautious now.

"Falco, what are you so worried about?" a black haired girl demanded as she walked up to him.

"N-nothing," the young boy stuttered.

"Your face says you're lying," she retorted as she got up in his space, "What are you hiding?"

"Gabi, stop it," a blonde girl with a ponytail said to her as he stopped stretching.

"What if he's hiding something, Zophia?" Gabi demanded.

"I'm not hiding anything," Falco declared with more confident, "I was just harassed yesterday."

Gabi immediately backed off. "You must have done something wrong,"

"I didn't do anything wrong," Falco proclaimed, "My mother wanted me and Colt to get some supplies that weren't in Liberio. We were stopped on the way back."

"So then, how did you manage to get home?" Zophia asked.

"Someone saved me and Colt," Falco answered.

"Suppose that Eldian took the fall then," Gabi assumed, "Idiot,"

"That's just it...he wasn't an Eldian," Falco admitted.

"What?" Zophia whispered in disbelief.

"We'll talk about it later," Gabi stated as other soldiers got in formation, "Commander Zeke is here."

Falco and Zophia immediately got in line as Zeke walked out to the training grounds. Falco nearly gasped as he saw the man that saved him the other day walk right behind him. He was a Marley soldier?! No! No! No! What if he said something?! His brother! His family! They would be turned into titans!