Return to Shinganshina Part 2

Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie, and Ymir were quietly eating what was in the bag of the horse Annie stole. It was early in the morning, and they were still pretty exhausted. They just needed to last a little longer and then they would be able to go home.

They failed their mission, but if they stayed any longer, they would be killed by the Metal Titans.

"So...do you know if this is permanent?" Reiner asked Annie, "The energon?"

Annie raised an eyebrow. "How do you know what it's called?"

"I couldn't gain enough information on Optimus Prime, but I know at the very least that's what his life force is called," Reiner explained.

"That doesn't explain what happened to me," Bertholdt retorted, "Whatever the Flying Titan did to me was a lot worse. I...I could hear voices in my head."

Annie noticed Bertholdt's distress and decided to shift focus. "I don't know if it's permanent. It's not hurting me in any way."

"Marley's going to want to know about that," Reiner remarked.

"I don't want them poking at my body again," Annie hissed.

"Your compliance isn't going to be a factor," Bertholdt retorted, "You know how they feel about us,"

"What are we going to say?" Annie questioned, "Would they even believe us?"

Before Reiner could give an answer, Ymir gasped as she looked up at the sky.

"What is it?" Reiner asked.

"Get down, now!" Ymir hissed as she flattened herself against the wall.

The titan trio followed suite and lowered themselves on the wall. Reiner and Bertholdt gasped as they heard the haunting engine noise they heard a few weeks ago. Annie stared in confusion at the two, but it soon went away as she saw the Flying Titan transform and land in the center of Shinganshina.

"Is that the Flying Titan?" Annie questioned.

Bertholdt kept on staring in horror as he held onto his damaged hand. Meanwhile Reiner clutched his chest as he began to tremble. Ymir turned to Annie and merely nodded her head.

Annie observed the titan as it began to survey the area. He truly looked like a monster. The claws, the red eyes, the demeanor, she could only imagine what he did to Bertholdt and Reiner.

"W-we need to move away from the wall," Reiner whispered.

The four slowly crawled away from the edge of the wall.

"What is he doing here?" Bertholdt questioned, "Is he here to plug the wall?"

"I don't know," Reiner admitted, "We can't do anything to give away our position."

They all froze as they heard the noise start up again before fading out. However, they remained where they were. They didn't want to see if the titan was still there. They were terrified the titan would spot them and kill them. They didn't want to die.

"Is he gone?" Ymir asked.

"I don't want to check," Reiner admitted.

Annie heard another engine noise and decided to lift her head over the wall. She gasped and quickly ducked as she saw Optimus drive in through the destroyed gate into Shinganshina.

"What is it?" Reiner asked.

"Optimus is here," Annie answered.

"Oh fuck everything," Ymir groaned, "This is what I get for being nice."

Annie looked over once more and saw in horror as Mikasa and Eren were walking beside Optimus' holoform.

"What else do you see?" Bertholdt asked.