For the Sake of Others

Willy was currently going over some letter given by the ambassadors and other representatives from the Eastern nations when he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in," He said, not bothering to look up from his paper work. He heard the footsteps come closer, and thought it was the butler, but he noticed the clothing was Marley Uniform. He looked up to see Commander Calvi staring down at him.

"Commander," Willy began in surprise, "I wasn't expecting you for another week."

"We scheduled for today," Calvi reminded.

"Really?" Willy questioned in confusion before looking at his itinerary. "I am so sorry. I've been swamped with work and trying to keep foreign relations as intact as I can. Even though I'm a friend to everyone, they see me as someone who favors Marley above all else. Most likely due to the history."

Calvi hummed in response as he sat down. "Sir Tybur, there is something of importance that we need to discuss."

Willy straightened his back out and leaned forward. "Please tell me you have good results."

"Both titan shifters administered the new serum have been showing positive results," Calvi explained, "Annie Leonhart has survived with the serum in her body for more than a year now. In addition, their abilities have been enhanced and regeneration time has been much faster."

Willy thought it over as he tapped his finger on the table. "What are the downsides?"

"...it might expose the identity of the War Hammer Titan," Calvi admitted, "This serum is very present in the body, specifically the eyes. Whenever the shifters use their powers, it tends to spread throughout the body. It's not dangerous, but it does expose their identity."

"You know I can't risk that," Willy proclaimed, "The Powers of the War Hammer Titan must be protected at all costs. There was an attempt last year due to the war. If it wasn't for Matthew, we could've have lost it."

"I know you do not want to put Lara at risk," Calvi began, "But there is an even bigger threat on the island. Those titans are a threat, and if the War Hammer Titan isn't ready to face those monsters then we are as good as dead."

"I see your point, but the humans might kill Lara first," Willy retorted.

"You do understand that one of these beings can fly, right?" Calvi reminded, "The Flying Titan destroyed the port. We can't put titans there anymore. They've most likely killed all the titans on the island. Lara will be vulnerable if she doesn't take this serum."

"What about side effects?" Willy demanded, "I heard about your little incident with the previous holder of the Colossal Titan? He went insane and started attacking Marleyan officials. There is no guarantee that she won't lose her mind."

"That was only an effect from the Flying Titan," Calvi reasoned, "The Metal Titan's blood is safe."

Willy shook his head in disapproval. "I need solid results. I am not risking the War Hammer Titan; I am not risking Lara's life on a whim."

Calvi sighed, but relented. "I understand. We'll ramp up experimentation in order to prove to you that this new serum is safe."

"Thank you," Willy said, "Have you...found any new information on the titans perhaps?"

"No," Calvi answered, "We only have word of mouth, and the piece of the Flying Titan. We've been unable to gather new intelligence. All ships we've sent to the island so far haven't returned."

"Unfortunate," Willy sighed.

"Still, if those demons of Paradis managed to make them-,"

"You know just as well as I Paradis wouldn't have the capability to make them," Willy interrupted.