Battle of Stohess

"Erwin!" Hanji called out as she walked up to him, "Optimus and I finished a weapon."

She pulled out what looked like a hand gun and pointed it at Erwin.

"That looks less intimidating," Erwin admitted.

"Actually, it's better than the rifle," Hanji smiled, "For starters, it's small, so you can hide it and people won't know you have a weapon. Also,"

Hanji pulled out a rotating device from the center of the gun to reveal six bullets. "This gun can hold four more bullet than a rifle. It also has more power."

"Power?" Erwin questioned.

Hanji placed the rotator back in place and handed the gun to Erwin. "Wanna fire it?"

Erwin shrugged before taking the gun and aiming it at a tree. Erwin fired the gun, leaving a rather large hole. Erwin winced in pain as he held his arm and rubbed it.

"Yeah, it hurts a lot," Hanji remarked as she took the gun back, "maybe because it doesn't require gunpowder."

"It's still effective," Erwin proclaimed, "Can you make more?"

"This was adapted from the rifle, so we could make a couple more," Hanji answered, "Speaking of we, Optimus wanted to talk to you."

"About what?" Erwin asked in confusion.

"Never said," Hanji answered, "He says it's important though."

Erwin was silent for moment. "Where is he?"

* * *

Optimus was reading a book in his holoform while sitting on table with a couple of other books next to him.

"Optimus," he heard Erwin and Hanji walking towards him.

"Thank you, Ms. Zoe, for bringing him," Optimus said.

"No problem," Hanji smiled as she sat down next to him.

"You said you wanted to talk to me," Erwin began.

"Yes," Optimus answered, "There has been a question on my processors that I have been unable to find."

"Question?" Hanji pondered.

"What's that?" Erwin asked.

"How were these walls built?" Optimus asked.

Erwin and Hanji looked at Optimus in surprise.

"I...don't know," Hanji answered.

Optimus sighed. "I had a feeling. I was reading through these books and found no information on how these walls were built. They only specify who, when, and why. Your world has very primitive technology, and after the titans' appearance, humanity's population declined very quickly. With these factors, there would be no possible way that humanity would have finished Wall Maria before it was completely wiped out. And there is a group of humans that have had me on high alert."

"A group?" Erwin questioned.

"The Wallists," Optimus said.

"The religious freaks?" Hanji asked.

"The Wallists believe that the walls are gods. A God is a sentient being more powerful than its creation. But the incidents with the Colossal and Armored Titan proved that the walls are not gods. And the walls did not create the humans, it was the humans that created the walls. Also, would it not be logical for the Wallists to lose their faith in the walls after the fall of Wall Maria and the battle of Trost? They also do not want any alterations done with the walls. Would it not also be their intention to strengthen their so-called 'gods'?"