The Maid

Ymir watched as the fish went past her head and continued through the abyss of the ocean. She continued swimming through the ocean on the edge of the island. She saw a school of fish and swam through it, causing the fish to scatter. She saw long stalks of seaweed and swan around it, watching the creatures inhabiting the long branches.

Ymir's new form, no one knew exactly what to make of it at the moment. A few days later when Ymir felt better, Optimus let it slip that he knew what her form was. He explained that it looked like something called a 'Sharkticon'. Like the other beings from his world, they could transform, but instead of vehicles, they could transform into aquatic beings called sharks. This would allow them to breathe, swim, and hunt underwater. When Hanji demanded why the hell he didn't bring this up sooner, he retorted by saying she would have been more inclined to experiment on Ymir right away if he brought it up immediately.

Ymir smiled in the titan form at the thought. She should really tell the Prime 'thanks' when she had the chance. Ymir arrived back at the port, and lifted her head above the water. She noted that the port was halfway done before her attention turned to Hanji running up to her will holding a stopwatch.

"That was incredible!" Hanji exclaimed with excitement, "You stayed under for almost two hours! What's it like being under all that salt water?!"

"I hate having it in my mouth," Ymir responded as she lifted up her hair to reveal the Gils on the side of her neck, "I can feel it pass through here."

Hanji squealed with excitement. "This is amazing! You're extremely agile on land, and now you're super fast in the water!"

Ymir watched Hanji continue to react with joy, looking back on a memory that she had. The conversation that she had with the Flying Titan.

-----

Ymir was quietly resting in her tent when she heard the fabric of the entrance move. She groaned in irritation, ready to make a snide comment, but was surprised to see the Flying Titan in human form.

"What are you doing here?" Ymir asked.

"I need your expertise," Megatron answered.

"Sorry, but my information on Marley is fairly outdated," Ymir declared, "I'm sure you know more about it than me."

"I'm talking about the Armored Titan," Megatron elaborated, "The shifter, Reiner Braun."

Ymir raised an eyebrow at that. "Shouldn't you be asking the other about that? It's not like I knew them personally."

"Probably not, but you have been with him," Megatron explained, "Alone. The others only knew him as the role model, the 'big brother'. In Marley, he's looked down upon a lot. Be it because he's an Eldian or because he is incompetent. Either way, he doesn't exactly have a safe place there to convey his personal thoughts and feelings. The only one who's ever been alone with him, albeit a short amount of time, was you. There was no Marley, no Paradis, just the two of you."

"And you want to know this because?" Ymir questioned.

"Because I want to break him before I kill him," Megatron answered bluntly, "Unless you have your reservations about sharing information about the enemy."

Ymir glared at Megatron. Guess the guy still questioned where she stood after all this time.

"Well, it was only a week that I spent alone with him, but he's really lost his mind," Ymir declared.

"In what regard?" Megatron demanded.

"Reiner and Bertholdt destroyed the walls right? Killed innocent people because they saw them as devils? So why would Reiner risk his life to save a devil? He saved Connie a while back, before you arrived. Instead of letting him get eaten by a titan, Reiner jumped into harm's way to save his life. He could've let him get eaten, but instead he risked his life, and the power of the titans to save him." Ymir explained, "When we were alone together, that's when everything began to click. One minute, he's rambling about being a soldier. Being rewarded for the hard work he's been doing for the Survey Corps. The next, he's going on about being a warrior, serving Marley, and slaughtering all the Eldian devils. Being alone with him really got me thinking, and I realized something. Reiner can't handle the weight of what he's done. He's done so much damage and ruined so many lives. Everything he knew since he was a kid was wrong, so the only way that Reiner can handle the weight of his actions was by falling for his own act."