71. Dark secrets coming in light.

" ummm....sorry but you two know each other ? " I asked my mom. She has not listened my question.

" But I thought...I thought you left and would never come back. " Said my mom to sanjay sir....wait what?

" You left....you said to Akash that you wouldn't be back. " Said sanjay sir to my mother.

" Can anyone explain whats going on? who left? why...please explain. " I nearly shouted which is not like me but I did. Arnav holded my hand to keep me calm...and it worked.

" Wait....no kidding...she is alive? " asked sanjay sir looking dead in moms eyes. Alive? Is that even a question ? Do I look dead to him?

" Not yours. " my mother said looking down avoiding everyones eyes. She looked at mummy ( mother-in-law ) and told " You knew about it...you knew. " my mother couldn't speak more.

" Guys it has been twenty five years....now please stop it. Mr sen has left the world and now I think its time to clear the misunderstanding. " Said mummy. What are they talking about.

" Everyone thank you for joining us today but we have some problems...and we want some family time...so.." said Aditya showing the door to other guest. Slowly slowly everyone left.

" Please not infront of khushi...." pleaded my birth mother. What is the matter? what she wants to hide from me? " she has the right to know. " Said mummy.

" Lets sit in the hall room. " Said zoya bhabi and we shifted their. My mother in law sat in the center. She holded my mothers hand and started.

" Its about that time when Sanjay used to work with Akash. Roshni and I used to be good friends. Sanjay meet Roshni at one of our party.  And since we were all friends soon we were a group of four best friends. " mummy took a water break....but her story is making my heart rush in spead.

" At that time Sanjay wasn't that rich, his knowledge about business wasn't that good...his father suraj Ray used to run the business. And he never liked me. " Said my mother in a whisper.

" we were soon in love and wanted to marry. I was excited to tell it to Arati ( Arnav' s mother ) but she gave me heart attack...she told Sanjay was married man..." my mother almost broke down.

" It was wrong but I somehow couldn't tell her that I was married. I married for money and the love I got from Roshni...I didnt wanted to lose it." Said sanjay sir in a sad tone.

" I was furious...I wanted to break everything and I wanted to breakup but at that time I found out I was pregnant. I was horrified..." said my mother wipping her tears.

" Thats where Mr suraj Ray...sanjay's father stepped in. Since sanjay didnt have a baby he wanted to adopt the child as his grandchild...just not the mother. And offered to give money in return. " Said my mother in law.

" My sister Jenny was having a very critical operation and needed lots of money...so I did what he said...but I couldn't bring myself to do it. When I holded my twins....I decided to hand one to Mr Ray and to bring other myself....which I did. " Said my mother....twin? I have another sister.

" Thats not what father said....he said you didnt wanted to do anything with me or my kid...so you just dumped the kid on him and left with money. So he suggested me to stay with my ex wife and raise my child. " Said sanjay sir to her.

" It was to break the union between you two...than sanjay went abroad coming once a year, you went far and things. Sanjay's ex left with someone else living the kid alone....I wanted to contact you but Mr sen told not to drag you back in the mess again. Since chances of meeting with each other was less in our house. " Said mother in law....still trying to understand.

" It was hard for unmarried woman to live with a child....so I had to make the fake marriage story for others. " Said my mother.

" You were having twins....did doctors not tell you or your father about it? " asked Arjun to....sanjay..fa...sir. He looked towards him and said " yes, but they told that second baby didn't made it. " he relied to him.

" Same town...how you two never meet after that? " asked Eka. " I went abroad and was there for a long time...so no contact " replied Mr Sanjay.

" You're saying my child didn't die...she is alive. Khushi...my daughter. " asked Mr sanjay to my mother. She said nothing just nodded.

" My daughter...." he wanted to hug me but I stepped back. " Dont touch me.....you have ruined my life. Your misunderstandings has cost me a lot. Me and my sister....we grew up without a parent. " I shouted not even bothering to cry on the fact that laxmi is my sister now.

" I waited for my father so long...I wanted you in so many events of my life...but you never showed up. Why?....cause you never knew I exist...I scolded my luck, I cursed him for leaving us....not knowing its you who separated me from him. You lied to me...." I shouted at my mother.

" Let me explain..." she wanted to touch me but I backed away from her touch. " Dont touch me....any of you. Your misunderstandings and your decisions...has hurted my life. " I couldn't stand their and face them.

I mean I should have stood their and listened them....asked question. But I left the room...I ran upstairs and locked myself....I dont want to face them.

Sahara ( POV )

" so let me get it straight....aunty though sanjay is living abroad with his family, and sanjay sir thought you took money and married someone else and youre staying abroad. " asked Eka to Mr sanjay.

" Yes, that's pretty much the case. After I got Laxmi....my ex wife left with someone else and divorced me. " said Mr sanjay.

" Why my dad lied to you? " asked Arnav. " I left after the incident and just got back when you started to handle the business.....laxmi started her work and I didnt visited him enough to know....I didnt even asked about her. " replied Mr sanjay and I don't know what to say its so complicated.

" I was afraid that once sanjay or his father finds out about khushi....they will take my daughter away and I never wanted that. So I told Akash bhai to lie if sanjay ever asked about me. " Said Roshni aunty.

" Now my daughter hates me.....please go and console her...please. " she pleaded. I nodded, Arnav followed as I left them their.

" I cant belive....laxmi turned out to be your sister -in-law....Adhi  gharwalli. " I told him as we climbed the stairs. I know khushi she is sensible and wouldn't do anything stupid.

" Really...sahara you should be in samrantine ( samrat + quarantine =samrantine, its like keeping one self away from sam ) cause he is effecting you. " Said Arnav.

" Sam knew about it? " he asked as we search for khushi in every room. Where the hell is she?

" Things that sam knows...only he knows I dont know anything. " I told and we found her in my room. Lying in the bed crying. I know how much she wanted a father figure in her life...how much it means to her and to find it out liked that must be devastating.

" Arnav...she needs you. " I told him and he nodded. He went inside...god please its enough..my friend has seen lots of bad days...please give her little happiness. I beg for it. Samrat please come back.