74. A step to make everything okay...whats laxmi planning?

Laxmi ( POV )

" you're joking right? That can't be true....I thought my mother divorced you and left you. " I told my father who is sitting with his head down.

" Punam Das....no she wasn't your mother. " Said my father. I know his ex-wife now recently the wife of our rival company...I sometimes did meetings with her and I let her take some deals....thinking one day. Maybe one day she will love me. You're telling me it was all a lie.

" Why didn't you tell me? Why keep such huge news from me? " I asked him but like always he has nothing to say.

" Laxmi....situations were like that....no one could say anything. Lets not cry for the past and think about the future....dont you want to know more about her? " asked purnima aunty, my fathers adopted sister. She was one of his friends sister...her family died so father took her in...and from then she stayed with us...she is all I have from my childhood.

" Meet with someone who gave me to complete strangers after giving birth to me....no thank you. " I told her but in reality I want to meet her. I want to see my mother....hear her say ' I am sorry I left you but now I will not leave you for anyone. '

I want to see my twin....her calling me sister, we may look same since we are twins....I can have someone to annoy. We can shop together, I can help her look cute. Mom can say ' Gosh! you look so same I can hardly recognize you. ' Or ' I have never seen her like anyone...like she likes you. ' It may not be that bad.

I want to shout at her and then hug her and cry. Must I act strong and show I don't care when in reality I want love and warmth. I have learn very early that if I love anything from the bottom of my heart it never stays with me...so I act all cold.

" You don't have questions for her? you want to ask why she gave you
up? " asked aunty.

" Yes....and for that I will meet with her...but not for anything else. Now who is she? " I asked my father since he just told me that my mother and my twin sister are alive but not their names.

" Roshni sharma, mother of Khushi sen. " he said looking up...can my day get any worse?

Roshni  ( POV )

" Mom...I am sorry. " Said my dear girl. She has always been a good girl and I knew she would understand my problem.

" Why are you saying sorry? It was my fault dear....my childish act has made us see such kind of day. " I told her...I shouldn't have given up my child.

" I know why you did it and how hard it is to get separated from your own kid..." she said and I hugged her. My princess has grown up so much.

We were having a moment when my phone rang. It was an unknown number. I let khushi sit and took the phone.

" Its me Sanjay Ray...." came a deep voice from that side. I gave him my number so that he could give me an update after talking with my daughter.

" What is it? " I asked him. " Laxmi wants to meet with you tomorrow in     
' Happy meal and me ' by twelve o'clock...are you okay with that? " he asked me....my other daughter wants to meet with me.

The moment which I wished to happen all my life. The moment which I thought will never come in my life is here. I can see her, I can talk with her, I can answer her questions,  catch up on those missing days.

" Of course I am free. " I told him. " Okay will tell her....is khushi coming tomorrow? " he asked me and I looked at khushi. I put the phone on mute.

" Sanjay is asking will you continue your work? " I asked her and she looked down and told " I will go meet with him and talk in person . " She said, I unmuted the phone to give the message.

" She told she will meet with you in person and let you know. " I told him and he hung up without another word. The man whom I loved in my youth, for whom I still am alone doesn't have two more words for me.

" Sanjay called to let me know that...laxmi wants to meet with me. " I told khUshi. " You must meet her...she must have more questions than me. " replied khushi. That I know but at least I can meet her that's an improvement.

" I wouldn't be selfish anymore...if you want to have good relationship with your father...you can stay in contact with him. " I told since I know how much she wanted a father figure in her life. She hugged me again....god please keep my daughters happy. Dont punish them for our stupid works.

Khushi ( POV )

" And a small birdy told me that someone wants to confess. " said  Samrat. He caught me in the hall when I was coming out of mothers room.

" Aaaaaa! samrat stop jumping out of thin air...scared me. Are you a ghost or what? " I scolded him hoping he would let the topic go...but I forgot that was samrat.

" Not a ghost...I am samrat which means king of kings...now stop trying to change the topic and tell me...do you want to confess to Arnav. " he asked and yes I shouldn't hide anything from him...not that I can.

" Yes " I told and he said " My my....should I burn the contract papers? " he asked. " But I dont know how Arnav feels...help me. " I requested him.

" Hmmmmm....well I owe you one so I will help you. " he told me. " That would be awesome.... " I know if samrat stays with me than nothing will go wrong.

" Lets go....we have lot to discuss. " he said pulled me with him...hope we come up with something cool.

laxmi ( POV )

I am on my floor with broken glasses around me. A single step and their will be pull of blood. All my life I spend like I am sitting right now.

To impress father I never came second....read till my eyes hurt to come first, never made a fuss, took interest in business, tried soo hard to get some love and attention.

And khushi.....she by birth got her mother, she eat cooked food by her, she cuddled her when she was scared of thundes, she cried to her when she was builled in school, she must have played princess with mothers dupatta,.....everything that I with money couldn't do.

She married the man I love, she took my best friend and now she wants my father ....she can dream on. And as for other things I will take back everything from her...everything.

Notice  :

' Mother of twins ' is continution of this book. Its about judge Hudson's family. If you want to read about karishma's journey read that story.