80. Lost in the bamboo forest.

Khushi ( POV )

Last night I wrote a letter for Arnav. Two days and I have not talked with him....or my family. So I wrote a letter, put little scent like shown in old movies,  folded the letter and put it in the post box....hope it gets delivered soon. Hope he gets it and replies as soon as possible.

Its fine staying here but laxmi is having a lot of trouble....she literally cant survive without her phone. But she is trying her best.
The rooms doesn't have AC for her, she cant stand the sound if it rains.....I lost count. A huge spider landed on her while she was showering, goat chased her....life is really hard for her. But she is trying to adjust and not being like 'lets go its over ' so that an improvement. 

As I walked in I saw mom and Dad having breakfast. Their relationship has improved quite a bit. Now they sometimes sits and share their stories, I have never seen mom that happy before...so  I try to give them some alone time.

" Khushi.....come here beta have some breakfast " called dad as soon as he spotted me. I walked towards them and sat down to have breakfast with them. They are having sweet tea, some salty but caramel cakes....the sweet and salt is well balanced, some banana chips, banana bread, hotel made special jam and oat meal.

My mom poured me some tea...its really good. We have visited the tea garden from where the leaves are hand picked and used in the hotel by its fragrance you know its authentic. They even helds tea parties here....with traditional rules. I dont know much tea ceremony like mom and dad....but still we went together. Dad showed me what to do and it was fun. So tea is taken really seriously here.

" Thank you. " I said mom inhaling the aromatic flavor of the tea. I sipped the tea....and yes thats what I was looking for. The earthen pot enhances the flavor and it become more tasty than drinking tea from normal cup. " what are we doing today? " I asked dad.

" we are going bamboo forest today....this place is also known for its bamboo production. They make lots of things with bamboo...I think we must visit it. " said Dad. " That sounds like fun....but where is laxmi? Is she skipping breakfast? " I asked Dad.

" On your dreams...." said laxmi before joining us in the table. Well thing that didnt change is...my relationship with Laxmi...she still hates me. " Laxmi not early morning....come have breakfast with us. " said Dad to her. Mom poured her some tea.

" we are going bamboo forest....eat fast and get ready. " said mom to her and simply nodded. We eat breakfast quickly and got ready for the day. I took my mini bag, it has water in it, some firstaid, little snacks, my phone, charge light, extra batteries  and a spear dress if something happens to my recent one I can change.

Together we left our hut. The forest is quite dense....we could hear the birds chippring, we also ran into people cutting some bamboo and we had a chat with them. They suggested us not to go deep as the forest is quite dense and we may get lost.

Dad thanked them and we started our journey again. While walking we found a waterfall and the banks are covered in red flowers....such a wonderful sight. We took our lunch by the waterfall. Must say its fun.....wish Arnav was here to have fun with us.

As we were roaming I noticed we crossed the waterfall twice and thats when we realized we are lost. And to top that the weather got glumy....can rain any minute. Dad called the resturant to send searching parties for us...but they said was raining and if they couldn't come to rescue us. 

" Than what about us? " asked father angrily. " The location you said is near our bamboo warehouse....just keep moving as I say and you can reach their in five minutes. You can stay the night their and we will find you tomorrow. " said the hotel stuff.

Just as he finished we heard sound of rain approaching towards us. We started to ran towards other direction. We ran and somehow made it to the werehouse. We somehow saved ourselves from getting wet but....laxmis top got wet. Dad called hotel again and they said the werehouse have cooking materials, raw food..once in a while it happens that some workers have to stay over night so they arranged everything in advance.

" Here I have arranged some fire.....come and get warm. " said dad starting a fire. " My dress is all wet....its all smelly. " said laxmi looking at her dress.

" you can borrow mine...." I said giving her my dry dress. She hesitant at first but her dress must be bugging her cause she really took my dress. It fit her nicely. We all sat near the fire.

" Lets see what we have...." said mom looking at the cooking materials. " Rice, Pulses, spices.....enought to make khichdi..everyone okay with it? " she asked us.

" yep ! All good..as long as you dont burn it. " said Dad. " Excuse me mister....what do you mean by burn? For your kind information I am am excellent cook. " said my mother with a angry face.

" Oh please.....you almost burned my kitchen once. " said Dad joining more stories with it to prove her bad cooking skills. My mom got really angry and said " If your such a good cook than why dont you cook yourself. " as soon as she said that dad went on like  ' like I am scared. '

Their fighting is reminding me about Arnav....we used to fight just like that all the time. After a huge debate it is decided that dad is cooking for us. I helped him cut and wash the vegetables....soon he made lots of tasty khichidi for us. We sat together and eat...and trust me thats the best dinner in the world.

" Girls....since we have to sleep here...you both sleep near the fire. It will keep you warm. And I can sleep on other corner. " said Dad. Well since we dont have any other option.

Dad has laid some hay for us....both mom and dad went opposite side of the room on their hay beds. I sat on my bed I have my jacket to use as blanket. Laxmi sat on her bed rubbing her skin.

" My skin....I hate sleeping down. And this stupid rain..." she kept muttering to herself. suddenly a huge thunder sound came and we both jumped in our beds....I hate thunders...and by the looks of it...she hates thunder too....hates it very much. We didnt say much and lied in our beds. I hid under my jacket. The thunders continued.

" You up? " I heard laxmi say....I peeped at her through my blanket.
" yes...what about you? " I asked her. " Its bit noisy in here...I am scared. " she replied to me. I Opened my jacket and thought to give it a try. " Come here than....you wouldnt be scared. " I told her and she didn't wait a minute.

She came in my bed under my jacket and staying as close to me as possible. " It will pass dont worry...we can handle it together." I told her, she nodded but didnt leave my hand. " Try to sleep. " I told her. " But I am not sleepy. " she said, since I got a nice chance to catch up with her lets do it.

" Than lets talk about our childhood....and forget the rain. " I told her. " Sounds like a good plan. " she said....well thunders are not that bad afterall.