chapter 2

Meredith's pov:
"Look at what derek made me" I walk into the kitchen grinning as I drink out of my new mug. Carol and my mom are sat at the table. Derek's next to them with his headphones on.

"Aw, that was nice of you honey" Carolyn says. He pulls off his headphones. "Yes well she's nice to me so I did something nice too" he says. I smile.

"Look at derek being all sweet" I walk over to him, leaning down and wrapping my arms around him from behind. "Get off" he pulls my arms away as I kiss his cheek. I chuckle, pulling away.

His phone buzzes. He picks it up. I sit opposite him. "Meredith how long have you and finn been dating? A month and 2 days, yes?" He asks.

"Um.. yeah, sure" I say, not even actually knowing if that'd correct. It probably is. Derek has amazing memory.

"How long do you have to be in a relationship before it is exclusive?" He asks. "What? What are you talking about?" I grab his phone.

I gasp as I see a picture on Instagram of finn kissing some girl. "Unbelievable!" I slam the phone down on the table, grab my bag and storm away.

"Is she mad at me?" I hear him ask them. "No, I'm not mad at you, I love you!.. I hate him! I'm gonna kill him!" I yell, slamming the door behind me.

Derek's pov
It's night and I'm laid in bed, now at merediths house because my mom and dad are on a date so I'm staying here. I still haven't seen her since she stormed out earlier. I'm in her bed.

I stay at merediths house a lot. She let's me have her bed and sleeps somewhere else. I think on the couch. She even got me my own covers for the bed so I don't have to sleep in her perfume soaked sheets.

She walks into her room. "Oh, hello" she smiles. "Hello" I say. "I didn't know you were sleeping over today" she climbs into bed next to me.

Meredith's pov:
"What happened with finn?" He asks. "We broke up" I say. "Good" he says. I start crying.

"Oh, um.. I'm sorry" he awkwardly holds my hand. "No, I'm sorry" I wipe my tears. "I don't mean to cry infront of you.. I know it makes you feel awkward" I whisper.

"No, its okay" he says. I sob quietly. He sighs but hugs me awkwardly. "You're hugging me" I say shocked. Derek has hugged me like 2 times our whole friendship.

"I don't like finn but I don't want you to be sad.. you're a lot lot better than him, you shouldn't cry over someone so stupid" he says. I sigh.

"This is the best day ever" I whisper. "How? Are you not upset?" He asks confused. "I was but then you hugged me" I squeeze him tighter, smiling widely.

He tries to pull away. "A little longer" I say. "Fine" he says. I smile, cuddling my face into his neck. We pull away slowly.

"I'll be downstairs if you need me.. just yell.. or text me, okay?" I say. He nods. I grab his book and read a bit until he falls asleep. I go downstairs, grab a blanket and fall asleep on the couch.