chapter 57

I walk downstairs in the morning, wondering where derek is. He wasn't in bed when I woke up.

My eyes widen slightly and I smile as I see him in the kitchen, with the dog. He's got a glove on and he's bending down to stroke its head hesitantly.

I giggle as derek gasps when the dog licks his hand. He looks back at me and stands up straight. "Babe, you're so brave" I hold my arms open. He moves into them, so I can hug him. "It licked me" he takes off the glove. "She likes you" I kiss his cheek.

"Why are you up?" I ask. "I came down to get a drink" he says, grabbing it. "Oh, okay" I smile. I hold his hand and he follows me back upstairs to my room. We go in and climb back into bed.

"Babe" I whine as he grabs his xbox controller. "What?" He looks at me. "I wanna cuddle" I say. He rolls his eyes, pulling me onto his lap. I smile, sitting between his legs.

I hug his waist, cuddling into him. He wraps his arms around me, kissing my head softly before turning on his xbox controller. He starts playing.

"Can I play with you?" I look up at him. "..okay" he hands me his other controller. "What do you wanna play?" He looks down at me. "Mario cart" I lean up to kiss his lips. He sighs, putting on the game. We start playing.

He let's me play it by myself for a little bit and just cuddles me and talks to me whilst I play. "Can I talk to my friends?" He asks, grabbing his headset. "Sure" I say. He puts it on and says hello.

I give him the controller back and grab my phone instead. I frown slightly as I look at the date. "Babe" I say. "What?" He takes off his headset.

"I'm late" I say quietly, in shock. "For what?" He asks. "My period is late.. by a week" I say. "What? Mer!" His eyes widen.

We both sit up and look at eachother. "We use condoms" he says. "We didn't use one the other week.. in the car" I whisper. "It was only one time" he says. I give him a look.

"I'm scared" my bottom lip wobbles. "Its okay" he puts his hands on my cheeks. "Will you come to the shop with me to get a test?" I ask. "Yeah mer, let's go" he says. We both get up.

I hug him tightly before we can even move. He squeezes me gently. "Its gonna be fine, mer" he kisses my head. I hold his hand and we go downstairs.

We sneak out of the house and get in my car. I drive us to the shop. I go inside alone and buy it quickly. I come back out, get in the car and drive us home. We go straight upstairs to the toilet.

"Derek, I'm really scared" I start crying into his shoulder, standing between his legs as he sits on the edge of the bathtub. "Its okay, meredith.. we can deal with whatever happens" he kisses me a few times softly. I sob quietly.

"Stop it" he wipes my tears. "You're scaring me" he says quietly. "I'm sorry" I sniffle.

He gets up to leave as I go to the toilet. "Stay! Please stay" I say tearfully. "Okay, I'm here" he sits back down.

"You can look away, but don't leave me" I whisper. He looks at the floor as I pee onto the stick.

I wipe and flush the toilet. He takes the test off of me and puts it on the counter. He hugs me from behind as I wash my hands. He's so sweet when he wants to be. He knows how to be there for me.

"Thanks baby" I turn around and hug his neck. "You freaking out?" I look into his eyes. "I can hold it together for you" he puts his hands on my cheeks and kisses me.

"I love you so much" i whisper against his lips. "I love you so much" he very gently pushes me up against the counter and deepens our kiss.

Sometimes derek doesn't really sense the mood of things, and takes things a little too far. He tries to comfort me sometimes by making out with me, but I know he's just trying to be nice. It doesn't bother me. But right now I just need cuddles.

I pull away from him slowly. "No?" He looks into my eyes. "Can I have a hug?" I ask. He hugs me again. "Thank you" I whisper.