chapter 39

We're in school and I'm sat with all of my friends outside on the field. I keep texting derek but I haven't seen him anywhere all day.

"Cris, I'm worried about him" I say. "He's probably fine" she says. "I think I'm gonna have a look around for him" I get up.

"Where you going?" Mark asks. "To look for derek" I say. "I'll come" he stands up. I smile. We walk into the school. I furrow my brows as we walk into the cafeteria and see him sat with a group of boys.

I look at mark. He looks at me confused. We walk over to him. I bend down behind him and hug his neck. I kiss his cheek softly.

"Hi mer" he says. "Who's this?" One of the guys ask. "She's my girlfriend, meredith" he smiles at me. "No way, good for you man" one of the guys say.

"Are you okay?" I look at him. "Yes" he says. "Why are you hanging around with derek?" Mark sits next to one of the guys.

"Are you sure baby?" I whisper. "Yes meredith" he smiles. "Are they being mean to you?" I whisper. "No, they told me I could hang out with them" he says.

"You can go mer" he says. "Okay" I stand up straight. "If you guys hurt him in any way, I will kill you" I point at them. "Don't worry" one of them says.

I lean down and kiss derek softly. "Answer your phone when I message you, okay?" I say. He nods. "I love you" I say. "I love you too" he says. Me and Mark leave and go back to the field where everyone else is.

Derek's pov:
All of the guys watch as meredith leaves. "Have you had sex with that hot girl?" Mike asks. "Yes" I say. "Really?" Tim asks. I nod. "She's my girlfriend" I say.

"What's her problem?" Tommy asks. "She's just protective of me" I shrug. "She's very pretty" Mike says. "She's mine though" I say. They chuckle. I smile.

"Do you guys have girlfriends?" I ask. "No" they all say. "Oh" I say. "How did you get her?" Tim asks. "I've known her for ages.. she was my best friend first" I say. "Oh" he says.

"Maybe she could eat with us tomorrow?" I look at them. "Sure" they say. I smile wider.

The bell rings. "Bye" I leave the table. I go to find meredith. I find her at her locker. "Hi" she leans down and kisses me. "Hello" I say.

"Are you alright?" She grabs her books from her lockers and hands them to me to carry. I put them on my lap. "Yes" I say.

"Did you miss me?" She asks. "Yes" I say. She smiles. She hugs my neck from behind. "I missed you, I wanted to cuddle you for a bit this lunchtime" she sighs. "I'm sorry, I didn't know" I say. "Its okay" she smiles.

Merediths pov:
"Its great you made some new friends" I say. "They said you can sit with us tomorrow.. and that you're pretty.. and hot" he says. I chuckle softly.

"They think I'm pretty?" I ask. He nods. "Do you think I'm pretty?" I lean down to him. "I think you're beautiful" he looks into my eyes. I kiss him. He puts his hands on my cheeks, deepening our kiss.

I pull away slowly. "I love you" I kiss his cheek, breathing in his cologne from his neck. "I love you" he says.

"You smell good" I stand up straight. "Thank you" he says. "Shall we go to class?" I ask. He nods. We take the elevator up. Derek is one of the only people in the school allowed to use it, he has his own key for it.

We sit next to eachother at the back of the classroom. I hold his hand, entwining our fingers.

"I have a doctors appointment today meredith" he says. "Oh, you want me to take you?" I ask. He nods.

I try to concentrate on my work but I can just feel derek staring at me. I look at him and smile. "You okay baby?" I ask. He nods.

"You scared for the doctors appointment?" I rub his thigh gently. "A little bit" he says. "You'll be okay" I kiss him softly. "Promise" he says. I smile. "I promise" I entwine our pinkies. He kisses me.

"I'll be with you the whole time anyway" I say. "Okay" he says. "I love you" I hug him. "Why do you keep saying that?" He asks. "Because I do" I smile. "Well, I'm not saying it back every single time you say it.. its annoying" he says. I chuckle.

He looks down at me and smiles, hugging me back tightly. I smile wider.

"Try and concentrate baby, okay? Even if it's only for a little bit of the lesson" I say, pulling away. He picks up his pen. "Okay" he starts his work.

What should happen with the friends? Should they turn into bullies or be nice?