chapter 6

"Are you ready derbear?" I say teasingly, leaning behind him. I kiss his cheek a bunch of times. He fans me away with his hand. I giggle, pulling away.

"Yes I'm ready, do I look okay?" He asks. "You look so handsome" I say. "As usual" he says. I giggle.

"Who did you ask out?" He asks. "...finn" I say. "Meredith!" He looks at me. "I know.. I know" I sigh.

"I just- he apologised and he was so nice" I say. He rolls his eyes. "How do I look?" I ask. "Like you.. but with more makeup" he says. I sigh, rolling my eyes.

"Let's go" I chuckle. We leave and go down the road to the cafe. We're sat at the table in the corner of the room next to a window.

I'm looking in my pocket mirror as I put on my lipgloss. "Hey!" I say as he grabs it off of me. "I need it more than you" he says. "Yeah, that's true" I say. He glares at me. I laugh.

I help him as he sorts out his hair. "So handsome" I say. "I know" he says. I grin.

"Um, you look very.. um" he says. I smile brightly. "Thankyou derek" I giggle.

Finn and addison soon arrive and we order some food. "How did he get you to go out with him? You wouldn't go out with me when I asked" finn asks addison. I kick his leg. "Ow, I'm sorry" he says.

"He's nice.. you're a dick.. oh, sorry meredith" she says. "No you're right" Derek says. "Hey, Shut up you" I look at him. He shrugs. I chuckle.

"I'm going to the bathroom.. don't say anything stupid" I whisper to him. He nods. "Be quick" he says. I walk away.

I come back. Derek reaches over, pulling out my chair for me. "Thanks" I smile, sitting down. "So, how did you and derek meet?" Addison asks. "Um" I smile.

11 years ago (she's 5):
I walk in with my mommy and see a full classroom of people laughing and yelling at eachother.

Someone catches my attention in particular. A boy in a wheelchair. He's crying and there's a lady talking to him.

"Mommy" I pull her hand. "Honey why don't you go and talk to the girls instead" she whispers. I pull her over to the boy.

"They're mean.. I want to go" he says to his mommy. His mommy looks at me. She smiles. I smile.

"Hello" I say. "Hi" she says. "I'm meredith" I say. "I'm carol" she says. "Hello" the boy says. "Are you sad?" I ask. He nods. "Do you want to play with me?" I ask. "No" he says. "Derek" carol says.

"Derek" I giggle. "What?" He asks. "That's a stupid name" I giggle. Our mom's are talking at the other side of the room down with the teacher.

"Its better than meredith" he says. "If you say so" I skip away. "Hey!" He goes after me. I smile, turning around. "I don't like you" he says. I shrug.

Present:
"And we slowly became best friends after that.. our mom's let us have sleepovers and I even came up with a way for him to play jump rope with us in school!" I smile.

"It was so stupid.. It wasn't jumping.. she'd just push me over the rope" he rolls his eyes. Me and addison both laugh. "Well it made you happy at the time.. kinda" I say.

"So you're basically like.. um, a brother and sister relationship" she says. "No I would never want to be related to meredith.. I dont need blonde hair in my genes, my kids could look ridiculous" he says. "Oh for gods sake" I giggle.

"You're very forward, aren't you?" She chuckles. "Was that rude?" He looks at me. "Kinda but it's okay" I chuckle softly.

"I like your hair on you! But I just think some or most blonde people are ugly" he says. "Thanks, that makes it much better" I say sarcastically. "Good" he says. I chuckle softly.

Derek's pov:
I look over and see meredith and finn laughing at something she says. She is very funny sometimes but I didn't hear the joke, I'm talking to addison instead.

After the date we all go our separate ways, apart from me and meredith. She goes back home with me of course.

We're in the living room. "Did you have a good time?" She asks. "Yes I did.. you ruined it though" I say. "What? Der!" She chuckles.

"Well, not you.. finn" I say. "I'm sorry, I know you don't like him but I told him I'd give him another chance and I am" she says. I roll my eyes.

"Well just the three of us can go out next time" I say. She smiles. "Honey I can't go on all your dates with you" she giggles. "Whatever" I shrug.

"Do you want to go to bed?" She asks. "Yes I'm tired" I say. "Okay" she whispers. We go upstairs and she helps me get ready for bed.