Chapter 140: Talentless Merchant

Teruya's next i'm so sorry for doing this to him everyone i know how much we all love him i'm so so so so so so so so so so sorry please forgive me i didn't mea

Ok enjoy :(
————
"Teruya Otori!" Hikaru called towards the merchant, grabbing his attention immediately. "Oh? Ah, aren't you an underclassman from the reserve course? Hi!!" Teruya greeted happily, waving his hand up in the air.

'Shit. He seems too nice for me to be mean on. I....I don't want to...!' Hikaru thought, before shaking his head and walking towards the merchant. The hallways are rather empty right now, probably because it's still a bit too early in the morning for anyone to be awake, really.

"You seem to really care about your friends, huh, Otori?" Hikaru asked. "Oh! Of course I care!! They're my friends after all. Whenever they need it, I'll keep then company. Whenever they need it, I'll comfort them and cheer them up. Whenever they get in fights, I break those fights and keep them together! Whenever they--"

"Y-yeah...I think I get it now." Hikaru cuts in, cutting off Teruya before he could say anything else. "Ahaha! Sorry, got carried away." Teruya nervously said.

"Have you ever imagined what it would be like if something bad were to happen to them?" Hikaru asked again, glaring at the merchant who is now beside him. "Well not really....but I'd be sad and devastated." Teruya simply answered.

"What if they....don't care for you back? What if they actually don't like your company? What if they...." Hikaru said, trailing off a bit before saying something else. "....What if they hate you?"

".....Aha, I'm sure that's not true! Everyone seems to not mind my company whatsoever-!" Teruya replied, trying his best to brush those comments off. "But what if? What if they secretly are talking about you behind your back? What if they never cared about you? What if they never did liked you to begin with?" Hikaru kept saying.

Over and over again, it played in Teruya's head. The words 'What if they...' accompanied by a different ending kept on playing in his head, not leaving his thoughts completely. What if Hikaru's right...?

"E-enough-! Look, some other people are over there. I'll, uh, go talk to them! Yeah! S-see you...!" Teruya said before speed walking.....not to the direction of the people on the other side of the hallway.

'....Perfect, I suppose. Yuto will love hearing this.'
———
"Again, absolutely incredible! You really know what to do, huh?"

"Y-yes, thank you, Yuto."

"I never knew that he'd be this great in sabotaging people. Why not just invite him into the group so that he can become an official member?"

"A-ah...! N-no, Mana, I'm personally not ready for that yet."

"Are you sure?"

"Y-yes. Not ready yet."

"Haa....Well alright then."
———
I don't like this the more I do this.
———
TERUYA I'M SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY PLS (dont) FORGIVS ME (i dont deserve it pls dont teruya)

Ok bye for now :(