Chapter 143: Talentless.

Back to plot heavy stuff srry folks 😔

Ok enjoy :)
———
"You're....you're gonna end our partnership?" Yuto asked, eyes wide as the tone of his question indicates that he's in disbelief. Everyone else in the building looked at Hikaru with those same eyes.

"....Y-yes. I'm sorry about this, but I really, really don't wanna do this any longer." Hikaru answered, feeling himself shake in fear of what might happen next.

"Haa....How could you...? And just when I think you're useful too." Mana spoke, looking into Hikaru's eyes with her dull ones. "......Aha!" Suddenly, a simple laugh that only lasted for a second came from Yuto.

Akito glanced at Yuto in confusion, before his eyes turned wide after realizing one thing.

One thing that's too brutal for Hikaru to take.

"Yuto! You can't just do that to Hikaru, y'know-!" The street performer suddenly shouted at his friend, gripping both of Yuto's shoulders tightly. Yuto only snickered.

"Look, he shouldn't have said that, and besides, these are the rules Nami left us when Yuyu kicked her out of the group, so it's best if I used it." Yuto explained, before somehow getting Akito to stop gripping his shoulders so tightly.

Yuto walked over to Hikaru, who's still shaking in fear. "As for you, you shouldn't have ended our partnership together. It would be a shame to see you go, but the rules are the rules. Guards!" Yuto said, and after that, some guards armed with weapons came into view.

"Ah-! O-oh no--" "You can't run away now. This is your fate." Mana cuts in, handcuffing Hikaru's hands. "L-let me go! You know I can run, right?!" Hikaru exclaimed angrily at the expressionless girl. The girl just shrugged. "But you won't be able to open the door."

"Shit...! Let me go--"

"Let him go!"

Suddenly, three people came out of the vents, those people being Montaro, Takao, and Takeru. "Eh?! Montake?! Mochi?! TAKU?!" Egao exclaimed in disbelief.

"A-ah....I can't believe they just vented....Feels like one of those video games where you actually vent so that you can get away with murder or whatever--"

"Ayaka please shut the fuck up."

"Okay, yeah! Sorry, Toshiko."

"Woooo!!!! We're back here again. Turns out there are vents here, makes things so much easier~" Takao said happily, as if the situation isn't weird right now. "So this is Zan'nen. My, oh my, all of you really are pitiful children. I pity all of you..." Montaro jokingly said.

"But anyways, guess what?" He continued. "What?!" Yuto responded angrily, getting ready to fight the AtaHika leader anytime. "...I got Harumi-chan with me." Montaro announced.

A gasp can be heard from Egao, and everyone else is just shocked in general. "Huh?! T-there's no way--!" Kameko objected. "This is stupid nonsense, Mana! Call even more guards in! Give them a lot so that they can feel tired for fighting so much!" Yuto demanded.

...

No response came from the white haired girl.

"....Mana?" Yuto called. Everyone turned their heads to Mana, who's already passed out on the floor, with Takeru carrying Hikaru on his back. Hikaru seemingly fainted while the situation happened, the poor guy couldn't process anything whatsoever.

"Quick! Let's make a move!" Takeru said as he ran to join the other two AtaHika members. Montaro went into the vents first, and then Takeru with Hikaru. "Bye bye!!" Takao said, waving his hand in a friendly manner, before jumping into the vents and closing it.

"Hey-! Ugh, whatever. I'm too tired for this anyway." Yuto mumbled tiredly. "Eh?! You're not gonna ask the guards to catch them?!" Toshiko asked in disbelief. "Nah, let the guards rest. We'll get 'em next time."

"Sheesh, some leader you are." Egao muttered, snorting.
———
UGH FINALLY DONE NSDKSMKDDM

Ok bye for now :)