Chapter 145: A Small Talk

Hikaru redemption arc real i suppose

Ok enjoy :)
———
"Otori?" Hikaru called from a far. Though it's in a rather small and timid voice, Teruya could hear it clearly. Lately, Hikaru has been staying at the Takemoto household, much to Miyu's dismay.

It was Montaro's idea, though, so she'll have to deal with it.

Today is another Sunday, which means another one of AtaHika's meetings. This meeting apparently determines Hikaru's fate. Will he be forgiven? Or will he be thrown out of everyone's lives to be forgotten? Or will he get nothing?

Hikaru is currently waiting outside in the living room, as if he's waiting for the doctor to call him for an appointment, but more intense. "Yeah?" Teruya responded, turning his head to look at the first year.

"....Will anyone forgive me?" Hikaru asked. He sounded uninterested to hear the answer, though? Teruya fell silent for a moment, looking at Hikaru with a frown on his face. "Ah....I'm not too sure about that." He answered. "It depends, really." He adds.

"I see. It's fine if nobody forgives me, to be honest. No matter how many times I say sorry, that would be useless. My actions can't be forgiven." Hikaru rambled.

"That couldn't possibly be true-! I'm sure you deserve forgiveness somehow! Even if Hibiki's a bit angry about you literally punching her, she moved on from that quickly. Miyu didn't take that text message you sent her to heart.....I think."

"And me? Eh, I didn't actually really mind those words of yours. Even if there's some people who don't actually like me, I know there's still some who don't mind my company at all! Gotta have a positive mindset on things, y'know?" Teruya explained, a lighthearted chuckle escaping his lips.

To this, Hikaru's eyes widen. To the sound of the meeting room's doors opening, too, he jolts up in shock. "Oi! Hikari--I mean Hikaru! We've made our decision!" Miyu announced, pointing at Hikaru.

With a heavy sigh, Hikaru got up and walked into the meeting room with Teruya.
———
"Forgiveness?"

"Yeah. You didn't technically do much. In this situation, you're just like Egao and Ayaka; doing the things you do for Zan'nen against your own will. So I guess you deserve forgiveness." Montaro explained with a warm smile on his face.

"Yeah! You don't need to worry about anything now! About that punch, though, uh..." Hibiki said, trailing off, unsure what else to say. "...It's nothing! It was nothing! I don't mind it anymore! Haha! Yup-! Totally...!" She then said, visible annoyance in her voice however.

"Say, interested in joining us here in AtaHika?" Emily asked. "Oh, um..." Hikaru trailed off for a bit, before sighing. "No, not now at least." He finished. Emily nodded at that, eventually humming a tune happily.
———
Akdnskdmdkddmemdmcyuh

Ok bye for now :)