000

(Wattpad has a problem where it doesn't update chapters properly. If you find things that are weird/out of place, just let me know so that I can unpublish and reupload)

Were you ever happy with what you were as a person? That you'd just stay stagnant because instead of being better you preferred to be yourself as you were because why do anything to improve when you are already happy?

I guess I was like that.

I guess I lost a lot because I was 'happy' with what was.

And never wanted what could have been. I think that was how I was for a long time till I lost so much that I couldn't give more. But when I had no more to give, when I had so little to fight for... my mother was there to force me to become better.

That's what it should have been about, being better.

***   ***   ***

Walking out of my room rubbing my eyes, "Morning."

"Morning," I hear my mom spin around with her same cold expression, "Ready for your physical examination?"

I twist my lips to the side, "Uh huh - been working all year to pay for the courses." I rub my neck as I state, "Already packed my bags for the dorms," then noticing my little sister watching me through the corner of her eye, "Morning, Sam."

She holds the same expression. "Morning."

So glad that I was the only one who got any emotion from my dad, both of them could have been ice queens

So glad that I was the only one who got any emotion from my dad, both of them could have been ice queens. At the very least we have someone in this household that can hold a conversation.

I head to the shower immediately, the quicker I get myself ready the quicker we can get this day started and see what is what.

I then stop right in front of the mirror - I look dead tired. Like someone who has barely gotten a break throughout his life. Had to work for a full year because we couldn't afford to take me to college so I am turning twenty and going in as a freshman.