Act 1 - 045

All of us are together, we met up at the transports because we are supposed to head out to a rift that appeared just last night. This was the raid they were talking about... a rift that they expected to pop up just a little way outside of the city.

The authorities already put up a little camp for us to sleep in and deal with everything. I already told Ashe I will be gone for the week and she wasn't... yeah she is pretty pissed about it but I can't help that.

This is my job.

I just hope her way of making me fall asleep isn't going to affect my way of falling asleep - that I suddenly share the same insomnia as her as a way to force me to always want to sleep with her. I don't really need to be tricked.

I side next to Ahri, "We ready?"

"Already briefed everyone - will brief again when we get there," she turns away from me, "Everyone get into the transports."

It is six in the morning, and Ashe is still asleep so I couldn't get the chance to say goodbye. Though I already told her that I would be gone by morning... sounds like a married couple. The school is dark... very dark. Perks of waking up early.

Ahri then states, "Keep a cool head in there - rely on everyone else okay?"

I nod, then stop her, "About-"

She interrupts me, "The two of us?" she giggles placing a quick kiss on my cheek, "We are figuring it out right now aren't we? Come," she gestures for me to follow as I climb into the transport with her.

We were just outside of the building so nobody could see us - in the transport with us Eve and Akali in the front with Kai'Sa in the back sitting near the door.

Kai'Sa looks at us, "Our two leaders ready?"

Ahri answers with a nod while I chuckle, "As ready as I can get."

Akali then adds, "If you get confused or lost - trust everything that Kai'Sa says because this rift has a Void influence, nobody in this school knows it better than her."

"Void?"

"Aren't you listening in your classes?" Ahri arches her brow at me.

I nod, "I am but... don't think I was in the class that talked about the Void."

Kai'Sa then answers, "It is more like an infection, a hive mind of monsters that change, destroy, and eat their surroundings to evolve and adapt or just turn it into their new homes. We are going to take the fight to them and kill the thing creating this rift."

"Ahhh."

Ahri smiles at me, I feel her tail rest on my lap, "This is a pretty hard one to step into for our first time - but I know you will be fine. Just rely on everyone around you."

Eve remarks, "He doesn't need babying. Trust me, he can handle himself."

Ahri then giggles, "Is that so?"

This is definitely not a conversation about the job, is it? In our drive, we break into little conversations. I am just running it through my head over and over - trying to not distract myself too much but most of my thoughts just come back to the fox sitting next to me.

Akali then says, "Not far now. You should see it soon."

I glance over to see a massive fucking portal lighting up the dark skies.