Act 1 - 030

***   Kiriko (mom) POV   ***

"Who made that listing?" I stand with crossed arms in front of the table.

"We are already looking into it, detective-"

"Either you give me a name or a corpse."

"Detective-"

"Don't try to warn me off, don't try to stop me. I want a name right now and I want to personally learn everything from them or I will make sure this place gets gutted for not doing background checks for all their tasks."

He lifts his hands to try and calm me down. "I can confirm that we didn't sanction the task but we will have a name shortly."

I wait, as patiently as I can knowing that my son has been kidnapped and I know who has him. I am told that there is another person with him and a lot of it boils down to having to choose between my son, someone else, and killing him.

He wants me to face him. Using them as leverage to get to me. I am a monster... I know I am. But I can't stand the thought of letting him die, it makes my stomach turn and my heart feel dead. I will kill him... I won't hold back this time. 

"I have a name for you," he states. "We have already sent our security to apprehend him and if you wish to use the law to place him in your legal custody then do as you wish."

"Give me a room with this person."

"I wish to be there with you," he states.

"Fine."

*** Evelynn POV ***

Sitting around the group mostly everyone is just quiet not uttering a word... I don't know why they are doing it for my sake when I just want to think about anything else. We can't do anything if we don't know anything.

Ahri then states, "All seven stars and up have been notified that they might be called depending on who can make it," she breaks the silence but it isn't enough to make me want to say anything.

Kai'Sa nods, "Heard the detective was here almost instantly, if she is on it then there is a chance."

Riven sighs, "It's fucked."

Yasuo then adds, "There was a reason why they pulled it-"

"He's a fucking freshie," Akali looks at him, "Even if they kept it, they wouldn't have had this."

"It's obvious someone set them up," Ahri adds. "Why else would they personally check our jobs and make sure it is good to go? It just doesn't make sense for it to randomly happen."

I shake my head, "It's beyond us. If we get a job for it then..."

"If you are going then I am going," Ahri states.

Then walking towards us, "See that all of you are pretty fucking upset about the Champion being kidnapped. If you ask me nicely Evelynn I'll be the first one to go and help out as the third strongest in this school."

"Fuck you, Juno," Riven growls at him.

"Careful," he warns her.

Akali then shakes her head, "You are a piece of shit, know that?"

"I know," he then locks eyes with me, "You don't even need to get on your knees for me, just ask nicely for me to save him and it is as simple as that~"

***   Rey POV   ***

All of us sat together not knowing what to do. I had a faint trace of both of their psyche but... it just vanished completely and I couldn't trace either of them. It just had to be both of them to be taken away like that.

"Rey," I look up to see Griff ask. "You holding out okay?"

Valk then stops him, "More than one person is gone-"

"He's right," I stop Valk, "We are in a far better place than either of them and I don't have much to go on and I don't think there is a world where either of us is going to be the ones saving them."

Kat is sitting with her head dug between her legs, she's taking it harder than anyone else here, "We can't do shit," she breathes out.

Skye is doing her damn best to console her but then again I don't think there is a way to make anyone feel better.

Fuck me... obviously, it would have to be you two... obviously when I get feelings for someone. I dig my nails in my palms as Griff asks.

"So we just... wait?"

I nod. "No point getting ourselves killed."

Valk then twists his lips to the side. "They will send the best, I know it."

Kat then states, "Not because of them, not to save them but to kill that fucker!"

Yeah... that is probably true.

***   Erica POV   ***

I am standing far away from the group just sitting on my lonesome to think it through. Just... this overwhelming sense of regret mixed with worry that the last thing we ever did was talk about something that tore us apart and didn't even get a second chance at it again.

I notice the group getting bigger and bigger with people like Brian and Henry joining. Tilly and Jill also joined and I think their moods might get better but we haven't had anyone disappear like this.

We've had deaths but never kidnappings. It is way scarier because we don't even know what they are doing to them. I am watching my card to see if there is a notification popping up anytime soon.

I am an eight-star... if... maybe I can help? Is that even enough? We have plenty of nine stars that can go but I don't want to get in the way and take the place of someone that can do something as opposed to just being another casualty.

Troy then rests his hand on my shoulder. "Everyone is pretty depressed."

I breathe out, "At least act upset for anyone's sake?"

"Why?" he asks me, "You two aren't friends."

"Oh, I don't know. Any sympathy for the families of these two that could be tortured to death?" I glare at him. "Or are you just so upset about him? Why? Why are you even such a dickhead when it comes to him?"

"Take a look at yourself, crying for someone who walked out on you."

"Me?" I scoff. "You just can't stand it, can't you?"

He narrows his gaze at me. "You were defending someone that you don't even care for. You are trying so hard to make up when all he did was be a piece of shit. Forgive me for not feeling an ounce of sympathy."

"It's not about me," I lower my head to the ground.

"Listen-"

"Get the fuck away from me," I breathe out as he touches my shoulder.

"You are a liar," he states, "You care so much for him I am starting to think-"

"Try and turn it on me," I glare at him. "Fucking try to gaslight me when you were there. You are such a slimy insecure piece of shit you know that? But that was probably your plan, wasn't it? Getting in my way so that it looks like I was cheating on him? Right?"

"Stop grasping at straws. I didn't do anything and it's so clear that you don't give-" I couldn't even stop myself from hitting him across the jaw.

He takes it without dodging only grabbing me by the arm as if to try and stop me, "Look at you," he mutters.

Yanking my arm back I walk away from him. What a colossal piece of shit.