Act 1 - 24

*** Kiriko POV ***

I have been through this entire place and I can tell there are traces of him here or... he was here. Two dead killed by some magic that I don't know which didn't come from Jhin... what else is there about this place.

It feels weird.

Off.

I glance around as I twist my lips to the side - does the chance exist that Khada Jhin would go through the trouble of setting up jobs to attract people towards him? Why isn't anybody dead? I head straight through the doors near the machinery.

Splatters of blood on the dust - must be from one of the culprits. He isn't here. He doesn't stay in a place for long and he is faster than you'd think he is.

You will be my finest work.

Those words are a promise. I am his focus, I am his target.

I step out of the building and head to the patrol officers. "Detective?"

"Do we have anything on these guys?" I gesture to them.

"Other than what our info had?"

Right... I forgot this is our info. Was it a coincidence? He wanted us to have this info... but then we don't have anything that connects Jhin to this deal. I can be angry for putting them to do something like this because we don't have the manpower.

The problem is that he was here. My son was here if Jhin... if he... saw his face, saw his powers.

He will make the connection.

***   Normal POV   ***

With all of us surrounded, we are all pretty much smiles with a successful job - but I don't think I am celebrating the success nearly as much as I should. Mom's reaction... paired with what I heard is making me think of the person she has been hunting.

She asked for music which must mean she almost expected something, like a pattern, maybe? Trying to think like a detective about it isn't suddenly going to make me a detective so I should just leave it to Mom.

Glancing at them Kat sides next to me, "You see those two?"

I nod as I watch Rey and Akane near each other, "What about them?"

"You can thank me later~" I look at her, awfully smug off herself. "Heard a little bird talking to another bird and I just had a feeling someone needed a little nudge."

"Pretending like this is only you that did it," I roll my eyes. "If I didn't talk to that bird about growing a bit of a spine he might have fluttered off to come cling to my leg."

"I just noticed and thought I could nudge her into it," then with a sigh. "Leave it to them and probably not mess with it, see where it goes."

I chuckle. "It is hard to tell with Rey," then with a long sigh, "Best to leave them to it."

She then looks at me, "Hey..."

"Hmmm?"

"What's wrong?"

I look at her, "Nothing."

"You haven't been with us since we got back and your mom also stormed off suddenly... it is starting to feel like we lucked out with something where we could have had a very difficult time."

I almost expected the question to go a completely different route.

"Maybe," I admit, "Think I heard someone else."

She nods, "So we were lucky?"

I chuckle, "Maybe, then again it could just be me freaking out about nightmares and bedtime stories," then again I don't know much.