Act 3 - 003

(I just clicked new part and it said Untitled part 174 I don't even have that many chapters posted lmao. There's a lot of cut content just lying there that I need to finish up with)

Ashe looks me in the eye, "I've got to go check up with Lauren. We are both in charge of keeping these people on their feet and now that you have decided to get on yours I can't ignore my responsibilities."

I hover for a moment, she doesn't look nearly the same as back then when I first met her. Not nearly as disgruntled, the black circles that almost looked like tattoos or smudged makeup have all gone and faded. She looked more like a woman than a walking corpse, and even then that didn't stop me.

I kiss the side of her cheek, "Thanks for keeping an eye on me."

"Have to, without you... I'd be on my own again."

She walks away without saying anything further, Memory also moves away from me with the words, "The others wanted to talk to you, they've all approached me about the idea of becoming something like me. It would be a worthwhile venture, Dread."

I glance at him, "What would change?"

"They receive intense power, they become more than they are now... but their bodies will adapt. Change will happen and if this is a war we were to wage then surely they'll all go through intense metamorphosis."

"Will they look like you?" I ask.

"My appearance is that of my kin. We birthed the concept of nightmares, we tamed the Abyss. I've merely given you a chance to fight back and Despair out of his own volition chose to make you his equal."

"Okay."

"I'll find you later."

I walk in one direction and shoot idle glances around the area, time to meet up with everyone. I walk up to the first person I see who is talking with a bunch of people gathered around her. She pointing at what appears to be a map.

"Hitting this would keep us all going for months, we might as well scare Zaun a little bit. We need the supplies more than anything right."

The guy gives her a firm nod, "Then I'll gather some scouts to take a look, we'll let you know when we are ready to hit the depot, Akali."

The trio walks off, they all greet me with a nod and she turns around resting against the table with her arms crossed. She watches me approach her with a faint smile, I reach her and she quickly lifts herself to hug me tightly.

"You've made it a habit."

I hug her back, "Afraid I'm pretty bad at that. Not getting myself into trouble. Almost-" she silences me with a kiss.

"Don't go blaming yourself on my account, if anything you've proven to a lot of people that standing around is the worst thing we could do in any situation," she gestures to the people around us, "Cause of you they know that's true monsters are lurking in the Void, 'cause of you they have a glimmer of hope."

"We have a lot of wars to fight," I state. "The first will be significantly easier."

She nods, "And yet it feels so far out of our reach, doesn't it?"

"Yeah."

She pulls away and rests back against the table, "I've been put in charge of the scouts, I am running most of the supply runs from now on, and..." she cracks a little smile, "feels kind of refreshing with all the... lack of children."

I cock my head at her, "Teenage drama getting old?"

She nods. "Yeah... please tell me that bastard got what he deserved."

I nod and she returns the same gesture, "I made sure his last moments were the worst. Sorry... there wasn't time to include any of you."

She shakes her head, "I am more than happy just to know that he got what he fucking deserved, I am more relieved to know that YOU are still here and with what's going on that we still have you."

"Means a lot, Akali. It really does."

She lifts her shoulders into a shrug as she throws her gaze towards the rest of the room, "I don't know how well I rank among your admirers, (Y/N). You have Ashe, Evelynn, Ahri, Kai... I mean at least I can get away stealing a kiss from you now and then. If that's all it will ever amount to then I'll be-"

I steal a kiss to stop her from rambling.

"Oh... so I do rank a little bit higher, huh?" She cracks a smirk. "I'll be your shadow, and I'll hit them just as hard."

I flash her a grin, "Wouldn't have it any other way. I know that you all know about the Nightmares and the potential of becoming one... when the time comes for it... would you want to be one?"

She arches her eyebrow at me, looking at me as if I was asking a silly question. "I speak for a lot of girls here, but we'll do whatever the fuck it takes to make sure you don't face those monsters alone. Even if it means becoming one, because from where I am sitting the bright and shining heroes seem to have lost their light. So why not give into our darker sides to get things done."

"We'll do it our way."

She nods, "Our way."

What would you be Akali? More importantly, what would you become? She's a skilled fighter and closer to an Assassin. Though at her core her biggest limitation is that she has no access to magic, what if that changed?

"I'm making the rounds, catch you later, okay?"

"Yeah. See you in a bit."

(Short one to get me started again)