Act 1 - 23

All of us have met up with the instruction to get something that won't slow us down and we can fight comfortably in. We all meet at the transport hub where the academy has specific drivers for us to drive us around to our missions because we don't have a place to keep cars for ourselves.

I am walking with Rey who then looks at me. "Picked a good one to start with."

I nod, "We just need to work together then it will be easy. We have the jurisdiction to do a lot of things without being fined for doing anything that would usually get us fined. So we just need to be careful."

She adds, "Just need to keep eyes up, this should be easy as long as nobody does anything stupid."

"We will be fine."

"I know," she nods, "But it helps to express exactly what you expect to happen so that we can just have a baseline. A lot is riding on a successful run, mainly our pride and the whole system's faith in us."

It does keep track of what we do and we need to make sure to put in our all and treat this like a life-or-death situation at all costs.  Chances are the people we are after won't hesitate to try and kill us or fight back.

I mean no shit, right?

We reach the transport area to see the others all waiting just for the two leaders to show up.

"Glad to see you two take your sweet time getting here," Akane chuckles. "Might have to take that example."

I then state with a lordly tone, "Do as I say, not as I do."

Rey then gasps, "That kinda suits you a little bit too well."

"The same way you want to skip out on most of the responsibilities?"

Kat then lifts herself from her seat, "Come on guys, we can play family after the mission and you two get to decide which one of you is the parent that just hates being around us."

Rey then looks at me as I say, "That has to be you."

"I'll gladly take it."

"What?" Akane furrows his brow, "You don't like us?"

"Tolerate is a far more suitable description."

Valk snorts, "Glad to see Rey, the one that got all of this together, loves us the most."

She cracks a small smile, "Uh huh."

Kat then states, "When I thought about it  I was expecting more uniforms and less going with our casual clothes... though some of you prepared a bit better than I thought."

Akane is pretty much the only one who didn't dress how he usually does for the sake of his mobility. "Kind of the only one that needs to do it," he lifts his shoulders with a groan. "(Y/N) looks like he didn't even change his clothes."

"Don't need to," I defend myself, "Besides I don't want to coordinate uniforms."

Griff then asks, "Why? Would it make you look too invested in your team?"

"Oh, got you red-handed," Rey gives me this judgemental look.

"Says the one that doesn't want to be here?"

"I am the only one that's honest about it?"

Kat sighs with a chuckle. "Can just tell the two of you are getting along perfectly fine."

"Am not," she groans. "He took the best room in the dorm and now I have to share it with him - kind of obligated to be his friend because I don't want to look him in the eyes if we hated each other."