Act 1 - 026

Sitting at my desk running through a bunch of my notes. I am suddenly aware that I am still in school at there are some pretty ridiculous things I need to do like taking tests. Physical exams are pretty easy but then there's theory...

Theory for what? We don't even get to pick a directional class until our second year if we feel like this isn't for us.

The door slides open with Rey looking at me, "You busy?"

I don't look at her, "Kinda."

"Can we talk?"

"What about kinda busy don't you understand?"

"You don't look like you are having fun."

"I don't think I am ever going to have fun studying," I counter with a sigh, "What do you want? If this is you trying to lecture me then I am going to be honest... don't."

"Not here to do that... wanted to pick your brain."

"I thought you thought I was pretty stupid."

"Never once said that to you."

"But you did probably think it?"

"Are you actively trying to avoid talking to me?"

I chuckle as I save my work and close the laptop. "What's on your mind?"

She then asks gestures to the door, "Don't want to talk here."

I nod as I get out of my chair and walk with her outside. Then a bit down the street, she lifts herself with her psychokinesis floating to one of the building's roofs. I fade into shadows and float up towards her as she drops down near the edge.

I sit down with quite a distance between us, "What's up?"

"Do you think Akane likes me?"

I then arch my brow. "Couldn't you ask Kat or Skye?"

"I could but Kat would probably not give me the answer I need to hear and would make me feel like I should know these kinds of things and I am probably going to get annoyed at her... Skye doesn't care either way."

I narrow my eyes. "I just think you mistake Kat for being a bitch."

"I just want someone that isn't going to tease me."

"You think, that me, the person you forced to be the father of the group, won't tease you?"

She looks at me then straight at the sky above, "Hoping that you won't do that."

I sigh then ask with a chuckle, "Why? Do you like him?"

"That's not why we are here, I am asking the questions."

"What if I say no?"

"(Y/N)."

"What?"

She looks increasingly annoyed at me, "Never mind," she lifts herself to leave.

"How about you just tell me how you feel?" she looks at me, "It isn't just going to magically be the answer you want to hear so if you like him then it is something you work out with him, if you don't like him then you wouldn't have dragged me out here."

She sits back down, "Does he or not?"

"Stop asking me the question already. Just admit you like him and then we go from there."

"Didn't you say it was obvious?"

"Kinda did," I nod.

"I hate you."

"I sometimes hate myself too," resting backwards I stare up at the dark skies. "So we dragged me up here to verify something that you could have just figured out if you'd have just asked him?"

"He is overly friendly."

"And you think he is just being nice to you?" I then narrow my eyes, "Why does this feel like the opposite of how it is supposed to go?" I shake my head, "So? What about it?"

"I don't know."

"Do you not know? Or are you just saying that because you just don't know how to get yourself to admit it?"

"What do I do?" she asks instead.

"Okay this is going to probably shock you, might even make you feel stupid but trust me a lot of people just don't know how effective of a strategy it is," I look at her as she is focused on me, "Confess."

"You just like fucking with people, don't you?"

"Depends on the person."

"I hate talking to you."

"So glad we became best of friends," I crack my neck. "I don't know what you want me to say, that he likes you and has had a little crush on you and it probably sitting in the same place because you are pretty impossible to read as a person so he can't tell if you like him or not so you are making it harder on two people."

"Why are we blaming me for both cases?"

"I am speaking in hypotheticals."

"Okay, hypothetically, why are you blaming me for both cases?"

"Because it would be unfair to blame my boy Akane."

She cracks a slight smile, then pulling her gaze away she chuckles. "You are insufferable but I think I know what you are talking about."

"Is it that difficult?"

"Kinda."

"You are in the right to do whatever you want, that is what I believe. If the question is if this is the best course of action then it majorly depends on the full picture, how would you know what choice to make if you don't know."