Act 1 - 18

We found the two of them and they were the first two to get something from the cafeteria. Akane rushes ahead of me to get something from the two lines. Guess some of us are a lot more starved than the rest.

I pull out my phone and look at Eve's texts while I stand in line.

Just wanted to meet up, unless you don't want to see me.

Was just asking if you had something planned.

Never have anything planned just wanted to get some plans going for myself tonight... but there are going to be quite a few people so feel free to bring along an emotional support friend.

See you tonight.

Quite a few people? Is this her way of saying that there might be someone you don't want to see? I just think this is her making fun of me because my first night there I was standing around on my lonesome.

Finally reaching the front the guy behind the counter asks. "What do you want?"

I then glance around as I see that they have pretty extreme food here for dinner - I am kind of craving the lasagne tucked away at the back there, "Can I have some of that," I gesture to it.

"Sure," he heads over to it with a container in hand.

I then glance to my side to look at the other line only for me to lock eyes with the last person I wanted to see there is this awkward stare between the two of us before the woman behind the line walks up with a plastic container and a translucent lid revealing her lunch.

Still has the same shitty eating habits. Just two burgers and nothing else, practically dripping with sauce.

I then return my head to my front as he hands me my container, "Enjoy."

"Thanks," I head straight to my table.

*** Erica POV ***

We really are at the point where we just ignore each other? Probably better that way. I am willing to bet that he ended up getting either some form of pasta or anything that looks like a lot to eat. They didn't have too much to choose from today.

I sit down at the table to see Kai'Sa has pretty much already finished her dinner, the nice thing about getting here first.

"Heard Ahri wants to take up a job already."

Kai'Sa nods, "I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing because keeps us on our toes and building that credit pretty early seeing as you run out of credit pretty quickly seeing as they started to raise the prices on literally everything."

"Yeah that's also true," she then looks at me with this weird look. "What?"

"Heard that you and Troy got into a fight, you two okay?"

I shake my head as I lift my shoulders, turning all my attention to my lunch. "He is upset because I took the side of the person he needlessly went to pick a fight with and then ended up with the two of us fighting about it and now I am just letting him cool himself off."

"You or him?"

I look up at her with a slight smirk, "Shush you."

"But still... this long?"

I then twist my lips to the side. "I am just letting him throw his tantrum to get it out of his system. If I wanted to make the distance a permanent thing I would have, he isn't a bad guy he just needs to realise that I won't just turn my back on someone that easily because an old friend came back from my past."

Kai'Sa sighs, "We both know it isn't just that easy."

"Yeah but," shaking my head, "Never mind."

There just isn't much to it, even if I try hard to make him. And just from that little interaction I just know we should just leave it at that. I want to talk to (Y/N) about everything and maybe be friends like we used to be.