Act 2 - 002

*** 117 days later ***

"One hundred and twenty days..." I breathe out to myself, I know that my counting probably sucks ass but it is hard to keep count when I can't write it down anywhere.

I have started using my shadows to make up for the lack of clothing on my arms - right now the creatures are mistaking me for something else because they have become less aggressive towards me when I roam around on foot.

I am just clothes made out of their body parts and shadowy limbs growing out of it. The spider creatures, void lings, they haven't given up trying to eat me. They are just fucking stupid in general and I take back everything I thought about them.

I explored this new landmass completely and it is the same, I am going to start going deeper and deeper to see what lies below. Then when that gets too scary I am going to see if there is a roof to this place.

***  140 days later ***

One hundred and twenty-four... no... I slam the side of my head trying to remember where I left off. One thirty... yeah that's right. One hundred and thirty-seven days. One-third through the year.  I have completely given up on anyone coming for me and focused all of my energy on pressing forward and getting a way out myself.

I have reached the floor of this place and it is like I expected, more like a canyon than anything else. Apart from the same voidlings, I have found these weird herbivore-looking creatures.

I can tell you now that the spikes and mandibles are a clear indicator that they are meat eaters, they are even harder to tame than Buddy and just won't stop trying to eat me

I can tell you now that the spikes and mandibles are a clear indicator that they are meat eaters, they are even harder to tame than Buddy and just won't stop trying to eat me. I gave up after a hundred tries on one specific one that I trapped.

The sounds they make are much more high-pitched and almost feel like echolocation. Seeing as they don't have eyes. It makes sense though because deeper down the light is even harder to see. I just think my eyes adapted pretty well for being here so long.

As a pack of them travel towards me I create large spears of shadow that pierce them through their chest and let out violent screams. I wait for them to stop squirming and die so that I can harvest the hide from them and see what there is to eat.

I think I am infected by something because I couldn't eat their flesh a month or three ago, can't remember clearly anymore, but now I can't eat anything other than them. The taste of the fruit also changed but I hadn't seen that fruit in a long time.

They don't grow this low.

I step forward to go and kill the last two still squirming only for the floor to quake and break apart as something jumps at the pack I was going to use for food and repairing my clothes.