43.

The next day started out but you still had a lot of work to do in your tower so you didn't do your errands today.

As you did whatever work you had with your magic and the storian does its writing as usual, Hort came over.

"what is it, Hort?"

"why is it always the 3rd day onwards that you get busy and busier and busier as the days goes"

"because it's a school and I'm the head master?" you looked at him with a are-you-stupid kind of face.

"anyways, let me guess... you're bored aren't you?" you raised an eyebrow at him, knowing damn well that you're right and he nodded.

"mhm. The guards can handle the kids if anything happens. In the mean time, let me help you because you look like you're gonna explode"

"thanks" and he came to your aid. You told him his part of the work and he did just that. As evening came, your work load was about done and you told Hort to go back and rest, "it's okay, we can continue tomorrow"

"who knew being the school master could be so hard..." Hort sighed as both hands were on his hip.

"alright big boy. Stop worrying about me and get some rest"

"how can I not worry about my friend?" he looked at you, serious. You gave him a warm smile as you reassure him and got him out.

You said goodbye to him before closing the door and turned to the storian, "may I talk to you?" as you approached it.

"you may"

"I have been thinking about this for awhile. The reason I'm the school head master and why I'm in charge of the balance is because of the powers I possess, correct?"

"yes and also its because you're an Ever and a Never"

"I don't follow"

"our actions determine whether if we are a Never or an Ever. On the scale, your actions are 50/50, making you a half Ever, a half Never. Not common yet not rare"

"so you're saying that I'm not the first?"

"correct and not the first to possess pure destruction, however, the first to possess both blood magic and pure destruction. Your parents powers are just an addition that you gave yourself with the help of Rafal"

"so why did you choose me? I could burn the whole world down if I wanted to"

"in which you did but after the second time, you chose not to"

you said nothing as you looked down, thinking with an annoyed face.

"why with all these sudden thoughts?"

"I was just thinking" as you looked at your hands and clenched them into a fist, "It's impossible for me to be the only powerful one. Isn't there always someone more powerful than me?"

"there is" the storian said, causing you to look at it with frowned eyebrows, "who?"

"God"

"haha very funny" you said sarcastically as you rolled your eyes, "I'm serious, storian, tell me. Please." you were worried that some powerful evil force is going to ruin everything.

"since you said please. for now, nobody. that's why you are the chosen one for the roles that you play now. not only for your powers but your character plays a part too"

"hold on, you said I'm not the first to possess pure destruction. Who was the first?"

"your grandmother but just like your mother, she found love and didn't use it for any bad intentions. It was just used if there were any danger towards the family"