28.

"come now, my love. Pure evil awaits us" Rafal said as he watched over you still holding onto Lesso, "let her go already, she was a lost cause"

You kissed her on the lips one last time before looking up as your eyes glowed red in anger with tears still flowing as you got up and turned to him, "you mother fucking dickhead!"

Your eyes were red as your head was lit up hot red. You lifted him up with blood magic and pure destruction magic combined, full focus on him as your magic freed the other Nevers and Evers from your previous spell.

The Nevers were in shock as they awoke to see such a sight while the Evers were free from the suffering. Dovey immediately rushed over to the school for evil and just like ducks, the Evers, both boys and girls, followed their mother duck.

"no.." Dovey said as she was too stunned from the view and so were the Evers.

"Lesso?" as the students were still in shock, Dovey rushed over to Lesso, "no, this can't be" she looked at you.

"killing me... is the same as-"

"killing myself? Stop with that nonsense! I made a promise to never fall into pure evil's trap, that's why you're still alive, you dickhead. But now.... oh~ now you just pushed my fucking buttons. I guess I'll see you in hell" before you could finish him off, Dovey stopped you.

"y/n! stop! don't stoop down to his level! you're not pure evil. show him that"

"oh fuck that shit! he deserves to die after all"

dovey sighed, "y/n! I know! No one is purely good or evil. Its about what we choose to do with our lives that makes us who we are. I know lesso is gone and that's hurting so badly but.." as dovey said that, the students had a self reflection for a second.

Hester then went infront of you, "y/n... ugh.. i hate to say it but professor dovey is right. I understand and see it now that we all aren't pure of evil or good but right now, you killing him isn't the right way to go"

"yeah, it hurts us too to say this but hester is right. Falling into pure evil... that's... that's just isn't it. We long for pain and suffering of the Evers and we love to see all this happen but is this really who you are?" Anadil hesitated at first but took up her courage to say it anyways.

"he's the reason that lesso is dead! When did you get all soft?" you growled.

"what if you kill him and he comes back to life?" Hort answered as he was back to his human self. Hester looked at him dumbfounded and rolled her eyes.

"y/n... imagine lady lesso was alive right now. What do you think she would say to you? We're not saving his ass right now. We're saving you because you're more capable than you think" Hester said.

You're more capable than you think - Lesso

You had a flashback for a second before answering, "alright fine!" you looked at Rafal, "i wont let you off that easily" you used your magic and put him under your puppet spell. Dot, Anadil, Hester then went to hug you.

You look back to Lesso as you approached her and held her close to you. You just caressed her face while  the others just watches you in pity and in grief for their fallen dean of evil.

"this doesn't make you pure evil, y/n. It's Rafal's fault"

"doesn't change the fact that she's dead dovey!"

"I love you" you said it as your hand on her glowed goldy yellow. Ray of lights started sprouting out of lesso. It was magical for the Evers but surprisingly lovely yet shocking for the Nevers as the Ray of lights went back into her and Lesso slowly opened back her eyes.

"ugh, what happened?" Lesso said as her vision was still blurry.

Filled with excitement, you hugged her, "Lesso!" causing the both of you to lay on the floor as you kissed her. You pulled away from the kiss as you panted, "you're alive!"

"for the first time, it isn't true love kiss" one of the Evers said.

"true love kiss isn't the only way to get a happy ending" Lesso said.

"well said, Leonara Lesso" the voice echoed as it took a form of a girl.

"the storian.." Lesso said.

"the storian? You mean the quill" you titled your head before turning to storian.

"in our world, they take the form of a quill. There's more of them out there, just like, how there's more dimensions out there" Lesso explained, still on the ground with you.

"then why is the storian a girl?" one of  the Nevers said.

"I take up many forms but we just chose to be a quill in most worlds. Lady Lesso is right. True Love isn't the only thing to get in a happy ending. Having true friends, true family, true feelings, can even have you to have your happy ending, your happily ever after. You just have to find it. Just like your feelings for Lesso, y/n. Your love for her was strong that a part of your evil magic turned good and was able to save her"

"but why did you help me earlier? You  disguised yourself as Dovey earlier"

"she did?" Dovey looked at the storian in shock.

"she did" Lesso answered back.

"I'm not allowed to intervene in people's fairy tales but for this I had to. The love you two had for each other was something more powerful than any other love in the history of the fairy tale world"

"but i thought Nevers don't ever get true love that's why they're called Nevers" one of the Evers questioned.

"because of their focus and will on winning victory over good that pushes away their feelings for love. Nevers can get true love if they wanted too and as for the both of you, your story will be sent out to the outside world. The world is changing and so is the fairy tale world. I leave the rest to you" the storian bowed it's head before flying away as a ball of light.