Ch.228 Adoption

The Swan-Jones family were sitting in town hall with Hope and Leia. The town hall was cold because it is December, and it is lightly snowing outside. Emma was wearing a floral dress with long sleeves, Leia was wearing a yellow dress and Hope wore a pink dress with sweaters over their dresses. Mulan was sitting nearby the family. Ashley invited Emma and Killian to Sam's adoption ceremony in town hall. Ashley and Thomas was sitting in the front with Sam on her lap. Thomas's father, Alexandra, Clorinda, and Jacob sitting in the front. Hope sees her friend and teacher in the front of the room. "Sam, Mommy?"

She puts her daughter on her lap and whispered."Ashley is going to be his Mommy. He is getting adopted."

"Not a lost boy anymore?"

"Yes, he will not be a lost boy, Hope." Killian wrapped his arm around his wife. Leia look up at her daddy who was sitting on his lap. He kissed Leia on the head.

The judge, "Do you promise to take care of Samuel?"

"Yes."

"Yes." Ashley and Thomas signed the forms.

Emma hugs Hope and remembers being in courtrooms as a child in the foster system becoming a ward of the state as a 4-year-old when she was put back into the foster system.

Killian held Emma hand, zapping her out of her daydream. "Are you okay, love?"

"Yes..." He knew his wife was sad.

The judge signed the papers. "It is official, Samuel Thomas Hermann." Everyone cheered. Hope was clapping, Killian was helping Leia clap. Sam hugged his Mommy and his Daddy. Alexandra joined their hug. The family took a photo with the judge. Emma was crying happy tears Sam is adopted to a loving home. Sam has a forever family.

After the adoption ceremony, the reception party was at Thomas and Ashley's house. Killian drove his family to Ashley's house. She carried Leia in. Hope was tugging her Daddy's hook. "Daddy going to pway wif Sam."

"Aye, I know you are going to play with your friends, little love." He was holding Sam's gift in his other hand.

Ashley opens the door. "Emma, Hope, Killian, and Leia, come in." She lead the family inside. Killian helped Hope take her wintercoat off as Emma took off Leia's. "You can put the present on the table."

"Miss Ashley, where is Sam?"

"Sam is in the living room. I will lead you to him." Hope goes to her friend and hugs him.

Most of the party were close friends and people who helped Sam process of his foster care journey into his adoption. Mulan, Aurora, Ariel,Red, and Belle were there with their children. Hope was playing with Melody, Sam, and Gideon. Leia was walking around the living with her Daddy. She points at Sam.

"Yes, we are celebrating Sam's adoption day little love. He is with his forever family with Ashley, Thomas, and Alexandra."

Leia babbles. Hope sees her sister. "Leia." She hugs her.

"Little love, Leia wants to play with you and your friends."

Hope takes her sister's hand. "Pway wif us, Leia!" She lead her sister to her friends. Ariel was watching the toddlers play with little Teddy in her arms fast asleep.

Killian finds his swan talking to Ashley, Belle, and Ruby in the kitchen. "Perfect timing,Killian."

"Yes,Ashley?"

"I want to ask you and Emma something?" The doorbell rings.

"Red and I will get the door." Belle and Red leave the kitchen.