WHEN SHE'S JEALOUS

FREEN'S POV

All day, I couldn't find Becky after the earlier program. I looked for her, but she was nowhere to be found. Where did she go? Did I do something wrong? I thought she would watch while I was singing, but she wasn't among the students who were watching earlier.

I took out my phone and tried to call her, but she hung up on me." What is her problem? Why is she acting like this?" I was thinking about her throughout my entire class, wondering what I did wrong. I texted her, but there was no reply. I can't even focus on our lecture.

"Ok, guys! Class dismissed. See you tomorrow."

I closed my eyes while trying to fix my hair.

"Miss Freen Del Rosario, can I talk to you?"

I looked at my professor, wondering why he suddenly wanted to talk to me. "Why, professor?"

I took a deep breath and looked at him.

"What's the matter?"

"Ahhmf! Nothing, professor. Why?

"Nothing? But you're not focusing on my lecture?"

"Ah, I'm sorry. I'm not feeling well right now, sir."

"Ah, okay, I understand. Don't forget to get your medicine from the clinic, okay?"

I just nodded to my professor and started gathering my things when I saw Hanna entering the classroom.

"Hi?"

I smiled at her sadly.

"Why are you still here, Hanna?"

She smiled at me and quickly grabbed my arm, which surprised me.

"Why do you seem so sad now? Did you have a fight with your bestie?"

"Not really, uhmm... I'm just thinking about something, that's why."

"By the way, Freen, don't you know that you're being talked about in other  section?"

"Why? What's going on?"

I responded without much enthusiasm.

"They say you're beautiful and that you have an amazing singing voice. Whenever you sing, they say it sends shivers down their spines because of the warmth in your voice."

"They really say that?"

I asked sarcastically.

"Yes, they do. Believe me, Freen... It seems like every girl here has a crush on you."

"Stop it, Hanna. That's not true."

"It is true, even if you don't believe it."

I tapped Hanna on the shoulder.

"If I were you, I would stop with that nonsense, Hanna. Because for me, Becky is still the most beautiful in my eyes, okay?"

She took a deep breath before answering me.

"Hmm, Becky? You know what, Freen? I'm jealous of her."

She frowned in response.