38 : GRADUATION 🎓

FREEN POV

We were happily making arrangements inside our classroom, especially Hanna, who was still dancing in front of us. However, Ken and Hades seemed busy and did not talk to each other. I wondered what the problem was between them.

I approached Ken and patted his back.

"Hey! You seem serious. Aren't we supposed to be happy since we're graduating?"

He sighed and leaned on my shoulder.

"Do you and Hades have a problem? You can tell me."

Ken expressed, "Bess, what if your boyfriend is afraid to introduce you to his family?"

"Did you ask Hades why?"

He nodded and sighed again.

"Maybe he's afraid that his parents and other people will find out that he's gay? Or, I mean, bisexual?"

Ken continued, "Bess, Hades and I have been in a relationship for a long time, right? He told me before to just wait because we will also reach that point. But Bess, how many years? It's tiring to keep waiting for nothing."

I patted his shoulder and gently stroked his hair.

"Ken, just wait a little longer. Maybe Hades is just confused by what happened?"

Ken: "Bess, confused? Even in your grandmother he denied me as his boyfriend. Who wouldn't be hurt, right?"

"I understand, Ken. I know what you're feeling right now because I've experienced it too."

Ken: "Bess, it's tiring. It's tiring to try to understand someone you don't know if he really loves you."

"Hold on, okay? You might ruin your makeup. So stop that."

I fixed his hair and adjusted his white polo shirt.

"You look so handsome now, Ken. So smile, okay?"

Ken tried to smile at me, even though I could sense his pain. My attention turned to Hades, who had been secretly watching us for a while. So, I said goodbye to Ken and told him that I would talk to Hades first. He was surprised when I tapped his shoulder.

"What's wrong, Hades? Do you know how Ken felt bad today because of what you did yesterday?"

He just bowed his head and couldn't look at me. So I sat next to him.

"Do you really love my best friend, Hades, or not?"

He composed himself and took a deep breath before answering me.

Hades: "I love Ken, Freen, very much. But I'm afraid that my family will find out about us. They have high expectations of me, you know? They want me to have a girlfriend, have a good life, and eventually have a grandchild. Freen, you know what I'm feeling now! It feels like I'm about to solve the problems of the whole world."

"The whole world, really? Why don't you admit to your parents that you're not straight?"

Hades: "How? Freen, my dad might kill me."

"They will understand, because you are still their son!"

Hades: "I don't know, Freen. I'm having a hard time with Ken and in this situation. I love him, but there are so many things that are messing with my mind."

"I understand, Hades, but what if Ken gets tired? What are you going to do?"

He looked at me seriously and then glanced at Ken, who was sitting at his desk.

Hades: "Can you help me?"

After our conversation with Hades, I couldn't think straight. How could I help him with what he asked?