Pumped Up Kicks

PREFACE

I feel serene. At peace even. No one is telling me I'm worthless. No one is saying I should be better. They're all afraid of me now. They run but they're not fast enough. They hide but not far enough away. They're ants racing for their lives.

The screams form a cacophonous symphony of dread over the sound of my gun. they scream for forgiveness, for pity, for mercy. For something to save them. But Nothing comes, no one comes. they all die one by one, plowed into the ground by lonely rounds from my gun. There's blood painting a trail down the wall to where a kid sits pooling in his own guts. He's still breathing, his throat choking on his own thick blood. I can see it bubble up from his insides as he opens his mouth. Fear wells up in his eyes.
"Why are you doing this?" He asks. the corners of my mouth twitch upward.
"The world never showed love to me, it's only right they know what it feels like."
The boy is frozen, petrified, gun barrel against his forehead. He doesn't respond.
"Don't you agree?" The life is bleeding out of his eyes as I pull the trigger. grey matter splatters on the wall like mashed potatoes, blood blossoming like water painted flowers. I should have waited for his response. Then i realize I don't want to know his reply. What an idiot. What an absolute idiot.

There's a kid hobbling further down the hall while holding his other leg together, I recognize him as one of the football jocks. I aim for the unharmed calf and pull the trigger. The girl next to him is sprayed in his blood. She crumbles into a ball on the ground, covering her head, shaking in shock. Snapped in two emotionally. It's stupid sierra. She's always looking for it, But Pity can't save sierra in the end. people run right over her.

Even in death, all they care about is themselves.

I'm nearing my last stop. The library. What a fair place to die. What a beautiful place to die.