Chapter Forty Three

Chapter Forty Three

The fact that Ashton was worried about me makes my heart melt into a puddle on the floor. The fact that he came all the way over here just to make sure I was okay just makes my stomach somersault over and over.

I never thought that he would see my messages or reply to them. Let alone look forward to them everyday. It just blows my mind that I actually made 'The Ashton Irwin' worry. He has never met me before and he was freaked out.

"Baby girl, your so quiet. Talk to me," Ash says quietly, his arms tightening around my waist.

We're lying on my bed, cuddling, and I have to say, this is the best thing ever. Cuddling with Ashton Irwin is now ticked off my imaginary bucket list. Now, the only thing left is to hear him giggle.

"Milly, you don't have to hide around me. I know. I know everything and I don't care. I just want you to get better," he mumbles, his lips brushing against my head.

"That's the thing Ash, I can't get better. I'm too broken. So it doesn't matter what you do, you can't make me better," I whisper while drawing circles on his stomach.

"That's what you think Milly. You think you are too broken but your not. With the right people you can get better and I am going to be here the entire time. I'm going to help you."

"Don't you see Ash, you can't help me. That's what I'm trying to tell you. No matter who tries, no matter how much, I can't get better. Please just understand that," I say while sitting up and looking down at him.

"Milly, listen to me. I know that what you're going through is hard. I don't know how it feels so I'm not going to lie to you. But I'm not lying to you when I tell you that you will get better and I'm going to be the one to help you do that," he says while placing his hands on my cheeks and pulling himself up.

"There are certain scars that not even you can heal Ash. No one can heal them, that's what I want you get through your head. I know you will try to fix everything but you're not superman. You haven't got a healing power that will get rid of these scars. And I want you to know that before you try because I don't want you to get angry when you can't do that."

I see Ashton's face harden when I mention scars. His eyes flicker down to my hands that are sitting in my lap. His long fingers drop from my face, his warmth leaving with them.

I watch as he slowly reaches out and runs his fingers across my bare wrists. Slowly, he gently picks on hand up before turning them over, skin brushing against skin.

I hear him gasp and when I look up I see silent tears running down his cheeks. His hazel eyes have lost there sparkle and there is nothing more I want to do then comfort him but how can I comfort someone when I can't even comfort myself.

"Baby...baby girl," he stutters, his voice hoarse.

He looks up at me, his beautiful hazel eyes filled with tears that are rolling down his paled cheeks. I reach up slowly and wipe away the never ending stream of tears away from him soft pale cheeks.