Chapter Sixty Two

Chapter Sixty Two

"So save me, from who I'm supposed to be!" Calum screeches from the back seat of the car.

I let out a loud sigh as he continues the rest of the song, my ears feeling like they are going to either bleed or explode at any minute. I look over at Ashton who is subtly shaking his head with a smirk on his lips.

"Milly, where is your drum solo?" Michael asks me.

I turn my head to look at the boys only to find them all staring at me expectantly, their eyes as wide as hubcaps. I let out another sigh as I turn back to face the front of the car before I grab the Ashton's drumsticks that he placed in the center console.

I don't know why but for some reason, he always has to be carrying them on him. I don't know why but he does. I start to twirl them around in my fingers before I start hitting them on the dash of the car. 

I close my eyes as I continue, getting lost in the little world I've created for myself. I used to play the drums when I was younger as well. It was something I took up when I was about eight and I played them until I was fifteen so doing stuff like this comes naturally to me.

I open my eyes as I hit on of the sticks on center dash, signaling the boys to pick up their singing again. After a few seconds of them not singing, I turn around to see them staring at me, this time there is shock in their wide eyes.

"What?"

"Since when have you been able to play the drums like that?" Luke asks in shock.

"Oh, well. I used to play the drums for like seven years so I guess it just stuck," I explain.

I look over at Ashton who's mouth is hanging open as he tries to concentrate on the road ahead. But I can see his eyes flicker to me every so often, an emotion I can't explain shining in his hazel eyes. I send him a smile before turning my head to look out the window.

I sit there and twirl the sticks on my hands, trying to ignore the stars of the boys that are burning a hole in my back, "Boys. I haven't got two heads. Can you stop staring at me?"

"Sorry," they mumble sheepishly.

I lean my head against the window, closing my eyes as I take in the familiar feel of smooth drumsticks. I'm not going to lie, it has been years since I've held drumsticks in my hands. It feels so good and so natural and I have no idea why.

"Why didn't you tell me you could play the drums baby girl?" Ashton asks me.

"I guess I just didn't think it was important," I mumble, evading the real reason.

"Not important! You're as good as Ashton Milly!" Calum exclaims.

"No I'm not. I'm no where near as good."

"That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard," Luke says.

"Did you not just hear what you were playing?"

"Yeah I did but it's no biggie," I reply.

"Baby girl, be honest with me please. Why did you give up the drums?" Ashton asks quietly.

I let out a sigh. I'm doing a lot of sighing today aren't I. Anyway, the reason I gave the drums is simple really. I was told I wasn't any good at it and I believed them, just like every other kid that gets bullied does. They believe people.

"Why do you even play the drums?" Charlotte spits as she comes and stands by the drum kit, her little 'posse' lining up behind her.

I send her a questioning look before replying, "Because I can."

"Well you really shouldn't. You aren't any good. Even I can play the drums better than you, isn't that right girls," she says to me, giggling when she gets to the last part.

I look up to see Charlie and Cayla laughing with her while telling her how much better she is at playing the drums. I feel tears in my eyes but I hold them back. I will not let her get to me. I feel like that's becoming my mantra these days because I say it so much.

"Anyway, you really should just stop before someone goes deaf," she giggles, as she wipes a fake tear off her orange face.

"Charlotte, what are you doing?" Dylan asks as he walks up to stand on the other side of me.

I watch as she looks up at him, batting her fake lashes as she talks, "Oh. I'm just telling Milly over here that she should stop playing the drums and move onto something cooler, like singing."

I turn around to see Dylan send her a strange look, "Uhh okay. Well Charlotte, how about you get going? Leave Milly alone why don't you."

She nods her head eagerly at him before turning around but not before sending me a glare and mouthing the words 'stupid, whiny suck up'. I look down at my hands, the drumsticks falling noisily to the carpeted floor.

"Don't listen to her. She wouldn't know talent if it hit her in the face," Dylan says soothingly as he picks the drum sticks up and hands them to me.

"Thanks," I mumble.

"Come on, show me what you've got Fisher."

Yeah, let's just say, I continued to play for a little while, ignoring Charlotte and her mean comments. I tried not to let them get to me. That was only because Dylan was there to help me through it. We actually started dating for a while so he kept telling me that I was amazing. That was until I found him cheating on me. With none other than Charlotte.

"Milly? Are you okay?"

I snap my head over to look at Ashton who has worry shining in his eyes. That's when I feel the tears on my cheeks so I quickly swipe them away. I look down at my hands as I try to stop them from shaking but it's no use. The memory has come back to me so I know I won't be able to.

"Milly, why did you actually give up the drums?" Ashton asks quietly.

I take a deep breath before answering him, "Because my boyfriend cheated on me."

Damn. There is so much drama. 

So a couple of you were commenting last chapter on how awkward it was last chapter because Ashton was sitting right there when talking about how she must like him. That was actually a memory, just like this chapter that has Charlotte in it. 

I actually do that in all my books. Instead of stating the words 'flashback' I just incorporate the memory into the story like she is reliving it, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, sorry for not updating in a while. I've been concentrating on In Touch lately but I'm hoping I will get back into the habit of updating this like every second day.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

QOTC: Who else is celebrating valentines day with themselves?

Because my bae is me, myself and I. So yeah. Sadly I didn't buy myself chocolates but I should have, now that I think about it.

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo